The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

Well we are fighting for survival down at the bottom of the Premiership. \:\(

Anyway I'm looking forward to the 2 CL games in the next 48 hours.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez

Quote:
Benitez even took a sly dig at Mourinho's 'Special One' tag, saying: "We have our special ones here, they are our fans, who always play with their hearts."

lol.gif

Can't wait for this game to start. The question is whether to actually get some sleep before - don't think I'll be able to even if I tried. Might be an excuse for an all nighter.

Should be fun. A lose at this stage is going to be hugely deflating (for whoever/everyone). It will be a grim day for 2 teams in the next two days.

I'm hoping for Liverpool and United.

I like that result.

They both were less than impressive.

United vs Liverpool if we get through tonight. Imagine that!

Yawn! They were both rubbish. As 365 are saying "frankly neither deserved to progress". I'm sure Liverpool fans aren't really caring about that right now though ;\)

I fancy Milan or United in the final that's for sure.

It sucks to lose on penalties, so that's quite funny considering it is Morinhos team. I wonder what ridiculous quotes he will come up with. (I presume Chelsea "deserved" to win?) lol.gif

He's claiming the best side lost.

Quote:
The great conspiracist was entitled to be hugely disappointed after watching half the quadruple go up in smoke in four days, but his postmatch claims of “dominance” at Anfield did not stand up to the briefest scrutiny.

For all but a few short spells, Liverpool were the better team, taking the game to Chelsea, seizing the lead and creating the best of what few chances there were before the game went to penalties. But for a marginal offside decision against Dirk Kuyt, they might even have been spared the shoot-out. Liverpool’s confidence from 12 yards, both from the shooters and the inspired José Manuel Reina, was in keeping with most of what had preceded it on a wild, raucous night.

Fool.

Can't remember which game it was but recently (a few weeks ago) I heard a commentator on a PL game say that the 5 yellow card rule = game ban "no longer applies". What's that then?

Quote:
I heard a commentator on a PL game say that the 5 yellow card rule = game ban "no longer applies". What's that then?

Don't know gg as far as I knew it was throughout the season.

mourinho as usuall took defeat like a 14 yr old girl rather than a man.

their season is looking like a disaster now, wonder if he will be sacked?

crouch was poor i thought last night, doint like the long ball thing at all. we look dangerous with gerrard in the middle and pennant on the right, using the wingers and riise overlapping.

wow, cant beleive we are in the final. really thought we were gonna go out to an away goal but chelsea never looked dangerous really. us vs man utd or milan, eitehr way it will be an awesome final. jesus i cant imagine the hype if it is man utd.

Hmmm. I remember some possession stats being shown in the game --- I'm sure it was 60%-40% in favour of the Spanish Scousers?

Quote:
Leeds going down the the 2nd Division I see.

Whatever happened to Leeds? (Apart from them getting demoted?!)

It was more than that at one point in the first half.

Lets face it, for a neutral it was a rubbish game. Liverpool / Chelsea is always rubbish, hardly a surprise.

Someone on BBC

"I've got a horrible feeling that if United do do the business tonight, Scholes won't be on the pitch in Athens. He may well be the best player England have produced for the last 15 years, but he has all the tackling ability of a granny on roller skates."

lol.gif

Quote:
Liverpool FC's heroic goalkeeper Pepe Reina was burgled on Tuesday night as he was helping send the club through to the Champions League final.
The 24-year-old Spaniard saved two out of three spot kicks in a penalty shoot-out against Chelsea at Anfield. But he returned from celebrating the win in the early hours of Wednesday to find his home in Woolton, Liverpool, had been ransacked. A number of high value items and the player's Porsche Cayenne was taken.

I bet that scouser got it finished in time to watch the penalties as well!

Our big game tonight. Liverpool United final. The stuff of dreams (with us thrashing Liverpool of course).

Oh dear, now that wasn't very good was it? \:\(

Where was Man Utd?

Liverpool might have been boring but at least they got there.

You were outclassed by Milan there. I thought it would be much closer than that.

We've got to make sure we aren't now ;\)

The better teams obviously lost, it should be a Chelsea United final ;\)

Anyhows it will be fun to see how Liverpool cope with Milan and what sort of mood Milan turn up in.

On to the premiership tomorrow again.