The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

I really don't like Middlesburra, they have always been difficult for us for some reason. \:\(

With Rio out now we have 100% of our defenders out injured. I'll be gutted if we don't get to win anything now because of all that

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anfield did seem quiet last night, very strange. Perhaps because of no Stevie G - did you see the reaction when he warmed up ;\)

Chelsea will be happy this morning - just 1 point difference if they beat Newcastle tonight.

Nakamura won player of the year and goal of the season in Scotland the other day.

That means a another few seasons at least of no premiership game on Sky cos Celtic are playing some souped up pub team. Its really getting to the point where I look into getting the footy thru the internet now instead of Sky.

That Newcastle game last night was a worrying but quite fun 90 minutes. Nice draw there kinda compensates for our draw. Phew \:\)

And Ronaldo won as well. Good for him!

United figure prominently in the...

PFA Premier League Team of the Year:

Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra (all Man Utd); Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo (all Man Utd) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool); Didier Drogba (Chelsea) and Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham)

And Jose going off the deep end, silly bitter man

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes his team's push for a third Premiership title is being undermined by decisions in favour of Manchester United.

Mourinho, speaking after his team's goalless draw at Newcastle, claimed Middlesbrough were denied a clear penalty at Old Trafford on Saturday.

"The circumstances are difficult for us with the new football rules that we have to face," said Mourinho.

"It is not possible to have a penalty against Manchester United."

lol.gif

Fact - Chelsea were totally average last night as they have been so many times this season.

Chelsea really seemed to have blown a chance there. I thought they'd be totally fired up at the chance of getting within 1 point but they just looked tired.

How about a Liverpool vs Man Utd final? That would be an event. Utd are looking frail at the back though do they have enough to get past Milan.

Utd are hardly the model of consistency at the moment. Tommorows game will be really interesting.

The pressure on the chelsea and man utd players must be so huge now, they both have at least the treble in their hands to win or throw away.

United may not be consistent, but they are generally playing at a higher level than Chelsea. From what I've seen anyway. It will be interesting to see how their "no defenders" thing goes over the next few weeks.

What I want:

Champions League: LFC

Premiership: Man Utd

FA Cup: Chelsea

What I think will happen:

Champions League: Winner of Chelsea vs LFC

Premiership: Man Utd

FA Cup: Man Utd

This is really worrying

Quote:
Manchester United have been hit by an injury crisis ahead of Tuesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against AC Milan at Old Trafford.

Only 10 outfield players were able to take part in full training on Monday.

:( \:\(

Was another nice game from old trafford. That one is still wide open now. Man Utd just have to keep a clean sheet and they are through, but that wont be easy with KAKA in town.

Originally Posted By: scouser
I thought it was all over at half time there.

I wasn't feeling that positive myself \:\(

But we came back! It sure will be an interesting 2nd leg over there.

Any predictions for tonight?

I think we need an away goal. 0-0 or 1-0 will not be good for us. 1-1 would do us.

I hope Crouchy and Pennant start and Joe Cole is on the bench.