The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off home now to sleep and get up for the next games.

Hoping for chelsea to go out and man utd to go thru.

The ultimate nightmare for me would be to get chelsea in the final and lose. I think I would actually consider suicide for the first time.

Oh Scholelsy, why do you have to be so relatively crap at tackling? It's such a disappointing part of his game, especially when he's brilliant otherwise.

At least we got the away goal and we can win at OT, so not over yet.

Just spotted this:

Sunday, 06 May 2007 - Arsenal v Chelsea, 16:00

Wednesday, 09 May 2007 - Chelsea v Man Utd, 20:00

Then after that just one more game before season ends.

Thats looking quite tough for Chelsea I feel, they must have been a bit annoyed with that.

I reckon Chelsea will not go through but United might pull it off. They often seem to like the difficult route. Perhaps thats just what I would hope for rather than think.

Anyways, I think Liverpool might just scrape through. \:D

It's definitely his weak point, and he was very silly last night, but the Ginger Prince has also done a whole massive amount of good for United, see last weekends goal as example, so it's difficult to give him too much long-term hassle.

You'd think he would learn to just not bother sliding in on people from behind etc after all the red cards he has had over the years for double yellows.

Maybe his hair has some subliminal influence on referees.

I have read that somewhere as well BagOfCrisps. I wonder what Sir Alex (and the other players) response was.

Spurs are at Chelsea in about 4 hours - just 39 hours after their last game in Europe.

Somehow, that seems rather too soon and a little unfair. I hope Spurs can get a good result from it.

And the other side isn't as happy as I was hoping for, I can tell ya! A right few clangers there I hope our lads aren't bottling it at all. I suppose it will make the run in more exciting generally, but suddenly that lead is down to 3 points... \:\(

You can bet on it, especially for that 2nd comedy goal. VDS wasn't as good as he usually is as well.

What matters is that we won and pulled ahead of Arsenal more \:\)

He will get prolonged stick for that if it turns out to be a major point in us losing. Won't come to that though hopefully \:\)

CL again tomorrow.

Yes it is going to be very interesting to see how Chelsea and Man Utd do. And Liverpool, of course ;\)

I don't want a semi-final against Chelsea, so I really want them to not get through.