The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can gather Andorra are a pitiful attempt at a footie team (ahaha), so it will be very difficult to not win tonight. After which we will surely get the spin of the team being "world class" again and all that boring stuff.

Bring back Sven! (Actually, don't!)

Population of Andorra is 71,201.

England = 50,690,000.

We have 711x more people to chose from, therefore I can logically deduce that we will win 711-0.

Or maybe 712-1.

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
Population of Andorra is 71,201.

England = 50,690,000.

We have 711x more people to chose from, therefore I can logically deduce that we will win 711-0.

Or maybe 712-1.
But Germany 13-0 San Marino
So, that issue doesnt work \:D :p
Bobby, I think England has less population than that?
Maybe that indludes Scotland, Wales as well?

Seems Stevie G saved the day. Apart from that it sounds like it was another really poor performance.

"England's win was so dispiriting that the greatest passion shown by their fans came as they called, from an early stage, for Steve McClaren to be sacked."

Oh dear.

Back to club footie please>>>

Are you a footie fan gamera?

Yes the game this weekend is a big one, really looking forward to that. 3 games in a row on Sat night, having a few friends round and lots of beer and wine ordered as well \:\)

Good start to the game by Liverpool there. (It's on at the mo). Looking forward to the United and then Chelsea games later. It would be so good if we were 9 points clear by the tomorrow morning, though probably very unlikely.

Oh no we were so so so close to being 9 points ahead there...

But we played a brilliant second half last night. Vidic with a shoulder problem is bad news though, he has been such an important player for us.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Are you a footie fan gamera?
Not a big fan, but recently I've found that soccer is sometimes exiting to watch.
I often hear "Press (spelling? )" in a game. Does it mean someone ( e.g. Diffenders )obstruct players in the other team?
See below.
http://www.afpbb.com/article/1467327

Looks as if Cannavaro holds the other's shoulder and an arm, almost wrestling rather than soccer. eek.gif
Is it permitted ? Am I just ignorant of the rules?

If it looks like wrestling then it will surely now be permitted. In that case we'd have to see the vid I think. Though a certain amount of contact in football does go on.

Crouch with a 'perfect hat-trick' then, what about that - left foot, right foot and header. Though he has a tendency to make something 'perfect' look less than so. lol.gif

Nice demolition of Arsenal, they really have gone off the last few seasons.

Chelsea were on the verge of being out of it as well until that late goal, but United were looking good in that second half. Surely they will not lose it now, though they do have defensive headaches. Vidic has been great for them this season.

It has been a rubbish season for us. It's almost insulting for Crouch to score a hat-trick against us! How dare he! Hard to see where enthusiasm can come from - England perhaps? ;\)

Wigan are way too close to Sheffield and Charlton for my liking. Things are so less exciting near the bottom \:\(

I hear the Toons got boo-ed off last weekend.

Didn't Wigan do really well last season?

It's back to Champions Leage action in the next few days which should be exciting. 3 English teams for the semis?