The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey footieheads.... are we going to be treated to The Return of Beckham in England? Things sure seem to be paving the way towards that. He might get his 100 games after all.

Anyway, here is the top footie news this morning in the Sun

"Man Utd's Cristiano Ronaldo could miss Saturday's game against Fulham after injuring his foot kicking water bottles. (The Sun)"

If Beckham plays again under this manager I will be surprised. I thought the idea of dropping him was to make a new start etc, bringing him back now makes no sense to me. It would be a total u-turn, I cant see it happening and if it does the manager will be an even bigger laughing stock than he already is.

Id be glad to see becks get the 100 though, hes a bit of a **** but you gotta remember that game against Greece and the penalty against the argies.

I don't think I really care that much anymore. But I'm tired of all the Beckham circus and all the baggage. I think Fergie wanted rid of that as much as the player when he sold Becks as well.

That was a really close game just now with Fulham, and maybe lucky but we got those 3 points. clap.gif clap.gif

It's winning games like that that makes you CHAMPIONS \:D

United were lucky to get 3 from that game, they scarcely deserved it - though as you say games and results like that are needed if you're going to win the league. Big result that one I think.

We put 4 in last night as well, nice goal by Gerrard there.

Yeah but Man utd were always gonna pip that last goal, they are gonna win it this year arent they. Terry is injured again now. They were really celebrating at the end of that game, I think it was a big one for them.

I see Chelsea won the M. Mouse Cup last night and that it was a good game. Seems it wasn't on any of the channels here, I had a look round last night but couldn't find it at all.

If I had to choose between the two I would have hoped for an Arsenal win.

They have been like that for years too, I remember when it was George Graham in charge and they were the dirtiest around - David 'Rocky' Rocastle even breaking someones (Glenn Cockerill?) jaw at one point.

Which reminds that, bizarrely, that guy (rocastle) is even dead now.

Jose at it again. As if Chelsea have not had their share of luck (and mindnumbingly boring underserved wins) in the past, and other teams have not had bad luck in the past.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho claims Manchester United have enjoyed more than their fair share of luck this season.

United are nine points clear of the champions in the Barclays Premiership after their last-gasp 2-1 win at Fulham on Saturday, although Mourinho's side have a game in hand.

"This is a season in which United have had no injuries and every player is fine to play," said the Blues boss, who also referred to Ryan Giggs' winner in the Champions League last week which French club Lille have appealed against.

"They go [to] the Champions League and have a disallowed goal for the opponent [Lille] and their goal is that goal.

"They go to Fulham and it looks like they deserve to lose and they win. They play at Tottenham, it's 0-0 and Cristiano [Ronaldo] dives, they get a penalty and win 4-0. It looks like everything is on their side, but that's football.

"I didn't see the Fulham game to be fair, but the information I have is it was completely undeserved. It's a game they could have lost and in the end they win it.

"In the Premiership all we can do is keep winning and see if the next step is to close the gap or to open the gap. If the next step is to close the gap and we can go from six points to four points, then everything is open."

Mourinho also claimed Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who has won just the 2005 FA Cup since Mourinho came to England, was under less pressure than him to win trophies.

The Blues beat their London rivals in a Carling Cup final on Sunday marred by three red cards and a brawl.

He said: "Arsenal have great boys. But I wouldn't be sad if a club gives me three, four, five years and tells me, 'You don't need to win. You can lose Premiership after Premiership, and you have three, four, five seasons to build'. I wouldn't be sad.

"Since I arrived at Chelsea, they lost Premierships, they lost the Charity Shield to us, they lost the Carling Cup to us. I don't think they are winning a lot. Absolutely brilliant young boys, manager top, team with a great future. But they didn't win."

That is what matters, is it not. ;\)

I think they'll get their form back playing Liverpool this weekend. That should be a good game. I want the 3 points, but 1 would not be a disaster. Can't wait!