The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost forgot about the England game last night. Such excitement over it I see.

Though reading the reviews, I'm glad I didn't get up!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When Spain scored we were looking for some reaction but there was none.

It was poor display from England.

It was a lucklustre performance and Spain beat us at a canter.

I was considering going, but decided against it - good idea.

I wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool chase Chelsea harder, they can keep a distance from United though. ;\)

A closer competition is a good thing.

There's an excellent interview with Tom Hicks in the Torygraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/02/10/sfnbon10.xml

There's also this "To no one's great surprise, Rooney had recovered from the hip injury that caused him to miss England's friendly against Spain on this ground: an occasion best remembered for Andres Iniesta's smart goal and the storm of booing with which it concluded, prompting Gary Neville to berate the crowd for not being as tolerant and supportive as United's. Perhaps it would have been different had the customers been delivered a half-decent performance; this was certainly the best by a home side at Old Trafford since United beat Watford 11 days ago."

lol.gif

Thanks soubs. Good read that.

"We have to be sensitive to the great fan base – that's the asset we have to protect."

Lets hope he can keep thinking that. I've been busy the last week or so so not been able to read about it all as much as I'd like.... going to sit down with it all tomorrow \:\)

I thought Wigan had Arsenal beat last night - really stings for them to get 2 goals late on like that mad.gif Especially when it looks like we should have had a penalty AND their first was offside.

Stevie G seems please with the new Liverpool owners. "Blown away" in fact. (I bet he said "massive" somewhere in there as well ;\) )

You were robbed in that game mate. Henry might be a brilliant player, but he has a dirty side and he showed it once more. They need to clean up the diving by whatever means, it is spoiling things.

"Teenager Chris Martin kept the coolest head inside Carrow Road last night when he scored the goal that lined up a glamour fifth-round FA Cup tie for Norwich City at Chelsea on Saturday. In the process he pulled the plug on the Tangerine dream."

Woohoo. Watch out Chelski, here we come.

FA Cup:

ch.739 フジテレビ739

マンチェスターU. vs レディング

2/17(土)26:05~28:25 ※生中継

フルハム vs トットナム

2/18(日)24:50~27:10 ※生中継

lol.gif

FA Cup draw "big guns" kept apart

Middlesbrough or West Brom v Manchester United or Reading

Arsenal or Blackburn v Manchester City

Chelsea v Tottenham

Plymouth v Watford

Our game at the weekend was just rubbish. (I wanted to phone to complain).

I didnt see it but will be up for the liverpool game 2nite at 4.30am. By sheer coincidence I got the morning off 2moro to get my spouse visa renewed so I can have a snooze after the game. bring it on...