i recently came a cropper on my bicycle and was wearing jandals. subsequently i got quite a deep wound on my big toe. im travelling through central amrica very soon and for obvious reasons, dont want an open wound on my toe.

ive been filling it with salt, which hurts like a waxed scrotum, but i think it will speed up the healing process. or will it?

Does anyone have any remedies for healing wounds fast?

i basically scraped the top corner clean off, so cant be stitched. i went to the doctor last week. she said (from what i could gather) that i should keep it bandaged with cream.

paw paw and aloe vera sound good, but not sure ill find them here. what do you think about the salt?

you can buy aloe plants at most nurseries RM. I did notice some band-aids at the local chemist the other day that claim to have some advanced thing in them to make wounds and scratches heal faster than normal. A bit more expensive than regular ones.

I had my big toe toenail taken off last week, that left quite a wound behind (nothing compared to yours I imagine). However it has now healed - I was quite impressed by how quick it healed up. To do it I just got it bandaged once a day with a bit of cream and gauze under the bandage. Keep the bandage dry and you are sorted. None of this aunty vera rubbish.

Tai tou yao gin.. some crazy chinese stuff. I use it for coral cuts in Indo.. kills the live crap and dries it out big time. You can't get it here though..

Rigz, sounds like you need to get a good scab on it.. after cleaning it out, try some KIZU dry. Spray on stuff that puts a yellow crust over your graze, cut. And as the name suggests, keeps it dry!

To answer your salt question, Rigor Mortis, I think the salt is counterproductive. It may create an environment that prevents infection, but by the same action, it tends to kill the new skin cells that are trying to grow.