I saw a phrase of "My dad can beat up your father". Is this a common one among American kids? What do you think is an approprite Japanese translation.

Trans#1: "Uchi no o'to-chan ni ee'tukeru!." (I'll ask my dad to scold you.)

Trans#2: "Uchi no o'to-chan no fo ga tsuyoi." (My dad is stronger than your dad.)

I suppose Trans#1 would be a direct translation. But, I feel Trnas#2 would catch a real translation. Trans#2 is a common usage when a kid is beaten by his/her kid friend.

Thanks, Bushpig. Yah, yah. What intereseted me was if this is a popular usage among Americans to use the fighting phrase on father's day greeting cards.

FYI. These are sample greeting cards.

http://greeting.rakuten.co.jp/event/father/

The popular phrase among Japanese kids is "O'to-san, Arigato!" (Thanks! Dad.) or like. Kids show thanks to his/her farther. Is this the same among Americans ?

What did everyone here do for their dad on "Fathers day"? Anything?

I spoke with mine. Will take him out for a few pints when I'm back in the UK.

Yeah, I was just calling my old man and realised that BP!

So I said g'day anyway..

Did nothing special... never do.

Had yaki niku at home with a few mexicans and watched the soccer then went out to watch the last part of Jap- Cor & then Oz vs Braz.

As for dad's, I had a few close calls with other kids dad's for being alittle rough with their boys. Had my dad been around and seen it my guess is that it would have been ON!