There's a new girl at work and she never bloody shuts up. It's driving me mad. Every time I ask someone something or start a conversation with them, or vice versa, she butts into the conversation. The thing is, she'll rabbit on for a full two minutes and then everyone will go dead quiet and the conversation will end. It's quite awkward.

How do you deal with someone like this?

Haaaaaaate it!! There is a lady at work who we call "Bludgy" cos she always buts in, bludges off, and chirps on like a budgie! lol.gif I had to sit next to her for all of last year and she drove me nuts. You can see her straining her little neck just to pick up on and butt into a conversation happening 20 meters away. Unfortunately we haven't found a useful way of dealing with her other than ignoring her wherever possible...

there are ways, but they might make the situation worse. or at least create more conflict than it is worth.

how snide can you be with out being obvious? (this is a question of you own level of skill, not what is the level of apropriateness. in a polite society the level is none) "....none more black"

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
You can see her straining her little neck just to pick up on and butt into a conversation happening 20 meters away.
Yes BP she does that too! mad.gif

As for being snide or punching her, well, I'm actually her manager so that might not go down well if she were to report it to my boss! :p

well if you are the manager then you can delegate her all the unsavoury tasks at work. and do it when every she buts in to a conversation.

chances are though she is just unconfortable about being the new person and is trying to fit in. maybe its best not to ostracize her just yet. but if it keeps up, let the exclusion begin!