so, when are peeps headin to the beach? Have you been yet? Where da ya go?

Havent been yet. Live in Kansai so nearby theyre not very good. Have to go out to the Nihonkai like Takenohama or to Shirahama out in Wakayama for something decent. Hoping to go soon. Love swimming in the ocean - its the biggest 'cold' onsen in the world \:\)

Will also hit the beach in Thailand next month \:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to Hamada on the Nihonkai in Western Japan a few times already this season for a bit of surf. Not really much to talk of as far as waves yet, but just nice to be out in the water happyglass.gif

Been going since March CB.

Not that pretty round Irago but in Shiz some nicer spots.

I wouldn't call it a cold onsen either.

Farg, it's starting to get warmer and won't be long before it's too warm...

A lot of time spent down there at the moment and will be even more to come when I head down to Wakayama. (CB any more info on those spots down there?)

Before that am off to BAli tomorrow!! Very impromptu but a three day hol surfing and lounging on the beach!

Quote:
Originally posted by DumbStick:
Just don't. Sand (or stones). Not into heat. Just not appealing at all. I'd so much rather be climbing up a mountain.
I agree DS. I hate sand and I don't even really like swimming in the ocean... not being able to see the bottom freaks me out. I've been stung by a jellyfish once before and ever since then I've stuck to swimming in pools.

Me too, I generally hate beaches, although if it has coral and snorkelling then I love it. Places like Goa are hell for me, miles of beach but no coral.

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
I've been stung by a jellyfish once before and ever since then I've stuck to swimming in pools.
Me too, it was a killer, so I got out, pissed on my thigh, had a cold beer and headed back out after!
You are all pussies!
 Quote:
Originally posted by farquah:
Before that am off to BAli tomorrow!! Very impromptu but a three day hol surfing and lounging on the beach!
Insane! Bali on a 17 day in a row for good waves! Enjoy... 3 days though... wow thats quick!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
 Quote:
I've been stung by a jellyfish once before and ever since then I've stuck to swimming in pools.
Me too, it was a killer, so I got out, pissed on my thigh, had a cold beer and headed back out after!
You are all pussies!
Well what else are you supposed to do? wakaranai.gif

How do you know Nicole?? Have you tried it!??

Besides, I think what Indosnm was really trying to say is that those of you who are afraid of little, floating see-thru, fairly brainless life-forms are PUSSIES! :p

an old wives tale? Really? How can you say that? By your own admission you've been stung by a jellyfish "once before". Did you try the piss method? If not you are in no position to comment :p ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Did you try the piss method? If not you are in no position to comment :p ;\)
exactly and I don't find that site really full of sceintific back up, just one persons own theorie..
Piss is not the best but its recommended for when there are not many other suitable options around. I didn't have any vinegar so the next best thing was some fresh wizz. And a cold can of beer.
Later stop itch was applied (didn't know we had it!)
Piss stopped the crazy pain almost straight away.. So in my case study it worked.
 Quote:
In my case, I was unable to test the pee method as I was pretty disoriented... plus I got stung on the chest/arm, so peeing on myself would've required some effort lol.gif
Do an handstand!