Having to get up and go to work with a stinking hangover

Sucks big time, doesn't it? I'm in that situation today. Well maybe not a stinking hangover but certainly a medium sized one. I just want to crawl into the corner and sleep until tomorrow.

Any top tips?

And they get more difficult to shrug off as the years go on ;\)

I remember once I basically didn't sleep and went to work without having a shower and the like. It was a total disaster of a day. God knows what people were saying about me.

Water and water definitely. Just got to remember to drink it before you fall asleep.

I was ok, only got up at noon today \:D

Still a little fragile though

Why do hangovers suddenly get worse in life? I'm almost 20 and suffering from a terrible hangover right now. Two years ago I could drink to my maximum for several nights in a row and not get a hangover at all. Who else just started getting hangovers at a certain age? What makes the difference?

*gets a glass of water

Quote:
Originally posted by fb_steve:
Why do hangovers suddenly get worse in life? I'm almost 20 and suffering from a terrible hangover right now. Two years ago I could drink to my maximum for several nights in a row and not get a hangover at all. Who else just started getting hangovers at a certain age? What makes the difference?

*gets a glass of water
you just wait! 20!?!?

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

dude you have years ahead of you. i too thought that i was in my prime at 18, but after 4 years of playing with the Uni rugby team i learned that i was just getting started. now as i am approaching 30, i can't keep up like i used to. well i can, i just pay the price all the more. i now have hang overs that last for days.
i suppose too when you are in Uni you can always just decide to stay home, watch movies and, hit the bong. now that the real world has taken over i have an obligation to be responsible. i am always afraid of eek.gif ing on my students.

The real world at times sucks does it not. I am less strong than I used to be but when I know a big night is on the cards I make the preparations. And when I sleep I drink lots of water and sometimes a nurofen.

Done that a few times as well. Nurofen is really good isn't it? (Not that I make a habit of scoffing them down but when they are needed...)

Originally posted by 2pints,mate:

The real world at times sucks does it not. /QUOTE]

Yes it does, add kids and you can't just sleep it off... Just gets worse.. I seem to have a self preservation meter built in these days and stop before I down that dealy "last one"..

> I'm almost 20 and suffering from a terrible hangover right now. Two years ago I could drink to my maximum for several nights in a row and not get a hangover at all.

F'ing pu$$y ;\) 20 years old JFC, do you need a tissue? How bout some diapers? ;\)

Drink a few beers, interspersed with swigs of water, then switch to vodka for the remainder of the binge - no hang-over in the morning, and still able to down (and keep down) a kebab with chilli sauce!

(Tried and tested method to drink your mates under the table and make 'em pay the next morning. ;\) )

At least 1/2 hour of cardio exercise in the morning. It sucks royally while you're doing it, but afterwards you'll feel just fine.

. . . not that I know from experience. I, like I'm sexy, would never drink on a weekday. . .

. . . bartender!