yup certainly muggy. the heat here is wierd. it is actually really hot. i'm sure anyone from auz or that has travelled south will attest. it is just so F mad.gif KIN humid and muggy. it is the sort of heat in which the shade is no comfort. ick.

shit, why won't that link properly?...

Anyway, here are thew average temps for August from 1971 - 2000

Mean temperature ( °C )

Station Aug

Sapporo 22.0

Sendai 24.1

Niigata 26.2

Nagoya 27.3

Tokyo 27.1

Hiroshima 27.9

Osaka 28.4

Takamatsu 27.4

Fukuoka 27.6

Kagoshima 28.2

Naha 28.2

actually no, we have very different weather here to what sendai has. sendai is much more coastal where as yamagata is in the middle of a pretty small mountain valley. they have told me that because the city is in the middle of the valley the air heats up like it were in a pot. a crack pot maybe. but i don't know. they also always like to tell me that yamagata has the highest temperature ever recorded in japan.

"I bet they also have:

- the most delicious rice in Japan;

- the most delicious ABC in Japan;

- the prettiest girls in Japan

etc etc

(where ABC = everything)"

the most delicious rice is in niigata and the prettiest girls are from akita.

didn't you know that? :rolleyes: ;\)

we have the most delicious soba.

ah, the old heat-trap thingy eh! Yeah we have one of those here in Hiroshima too which people love to talk about how hot it gets as a result (and about how much colder it gets compared to surrounding areas in winter).

Daver, do you have a car? Theres a campground about 10K outside the city (Akita) that we camped at. Same for Nebuta Matsuri too. You can camp near the harbor which was only a 20 min walk to the boardwalk in Aomori. Many of the motorcycle peeps camp there. Loads of alcohol and partyfavors to be had \:\)