read this about a club in Hiroshima we used to go to and dance the night away. WTF is that all about? mad.gif mad.gif

here is the first report about the raid

You need a license to dance in Japan? Is that a F'ing joke? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only 1 place in Hiroshima outta 20 has a license and they bust the foreign-owned place. Hmmm, discrimination picking up in Japan?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as he pointed out in the article, there are many other establishments here in Hiroshima(mostly Japanese) catering to the same crowds (those who want to dance) who are violating the same laws. Why pick the foreign-owned one if not for political reasons after the Peruvian guy killed that 6 yo girl in Kure, just south of here.

Unbelievable story. There are so many bars and clubs breaking more serious rules like blocking fire escapes.

BTW, How much dancing do you need to do to have a licence? Is it only for places with dance floors.

I mean what about a regular bar that had music on, where a group of customers decide they want to stand up and dance from time to time?

unfortunately i don't think that it is unbelievable. in regards to that murder case, do you not think that it is strange that of all the equally, if not more horrific, violence against children cases that have occured in the last year, the yagi case is the only one that is still getting publicity? and is it not also strange that this is the only case in which prior to the trial the media were printing articles stating things such as "yagi must hang"?

i was surprised to notice that he did not ask for a translator. it is japanese law that in the case of a foreigner being held in police custody, the police must provide said suspect with a able translator before engaging in any form of interogation.

have they contacted that lawyer (i think he his) up in hokkaido? i can't remember the site's address, but he is an american turned japanese citizen and devotes his time to dealing with issues just like this.

i would like to see the police busting all the ghetto wannabee "hip-hop" dancers at all the train stations. why don't you need a licence for that? the tastlessness of that activity warrents extended imprisonment.

• 1 month later...

Bloody Hell.

How about next Sat nite at 1AM you all rock up to the Hiroshima Chuo Police Station and have a little party on the door step. Lay down your blue sheets, pull out the music, have a few (too many) beers, read a few sex mags, but for godsake don't dance.

Kumapix called it. Most likely it's the Yakuza behind this. The police are the most pathetic of all J-peeps. They are completely incapable of thinking on their own (it might even be illegal). Yakuza at least get shit done. Most likely the yakuza called the police to enforce this outdated law. You gotta love this country! It's the only place I know of that fully celebrates the galactically stupid. As an American I had to laugh at myself for that statement and edit this post. Uh, Bush anyone? Haha, we pulled off the worst joke in history..."

When I ran a live house on weekends in Tokyo (about a million years ago) we were visited by the local yaks who wanted a cut to 'keep the police away'. The dancing license was mentioned but, amazingly enough, the young Japanese manager of the place we were renting told us that the live house actually had one. When the boys came back again to to collect, we said we already had a license and they got really frustrated and left. A few months later, I moved to a house in the neighbourhood which happened to be right across the street from a big yak - since we became neighbors, we never had a problem and they used to deliver nice fish and gifts when they were over stocked. I suppose we were just lucky then - anything could have happened...

Sounds like they were real assholes. All of the police that I've dealt with have been quite nice --but I've only been busted for minor motor vehicle infractions --not 'dancing'. I'm sure it was more about misinformation, or yakuza, than dancing though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
The yaks basically keep this bankrupt company (Nippon) going. Your average 'Kenji' doesn't know sheep from shit. Sad but true.
So when can we expect the Yaks to turn up at our door?

When can we expect the yaks to explain how we are bankrupt?

Do you believe you can expalain to me the difference between sheep and shit?

Hey Soubriquet, sheep, well they get slaughtered. Shit just happens. Nah, Yakuza probably won't show up at your door. I can only encouorage you to hold your breath while you wait for the yak's to explain to you the bankrupt condition of their counrtry. Excellent qestions mate. Well, maybe not.

• 1 month later...

back to the same tactics

another Dirty statement

:rolleyes:

There was a special on TV last night where an investigative reporter was dealing with russian hostesses/whatever up in Tokyo. Anybody see it? Quite a few raids were shown on the program. Most of the foreign women, primarily russian and filipino didnt have legal visas to be working. Fair enough.

The bar raids in Hiroshima continue and the separating of Japanese, US military, and "other" gaijin continues and the half@ssed approach by the immigration bureau continues.

The clubs in Hiroshima are, quite honestly, lame compared with bigger cities. The party area of Tenjin in Fukuoka has so many better places and is of similar size. The only crackdown that happened in Fukuoka (that I was at) was because "E" was going around and sold to undercover cops - fair enough. But at that party there were only 3 gaijin (my friends and I) and after a quick check we were let go.

Are there club raids in Tokyo?

People in Hiroshima were shaken quite a bit after the brutal killing of a young elementary school girl by an illegal Peruvian a few years ago. Hiroshima has seemed to adopt Ishihara's stance that all foreigners are "evil foreign devils."

I dont think Japanese are "aggressive" racists like Ive had to deal with in both Hawaii and Georgia but they are racists none the less - if only by their own ignorance.

I abhor how poorly Koreans are treated here for example. Even 3rd generation Koreans (many of which had ancestors were forced to come over as "slaves"), though they most likely are as Korean as I am Irish, are subjugated to be treated as foreigners - no right to vote (might not matter), have to pay a ludicrous amount to get a Japanese passport and BS paperwork as well, just to name a few, yet all they know is Japan and being "Japanese" not Korean.

Japan is at a time where its birthrate is at an all time low and its labor force is diving as well. The government is doing its typical half@ss approach (nothing). Its quite obvious that in the future more and more foreigners are going to be needed here to help sustain the work force.

Yet, being stopped walking down the street, just because we are foreigners, has got to stop. Its time Japan wakes up. It pretends to be international, and seems to like the ring of it, yet its a far cry from being international IMHO.

*Ill check this post later. Got a meeting. Dont know if it makes sense or not*

Pathetic. Who are these myterious "American" officials that play a part in these raids. Must be a bit of a reach around from papa USA in return for Japan's awesome contribution to the war on terror in Iraq. Don't they have real crime happening in Hiroshima?Yak central that town isn't it?

American officials - the US has FBI agents in Japan along with other govt officials as well. Dunno who though.

Japan is also paying an arm and a leg to the US to get the Okinawa bases cleared, in addition to the fact that they paid a huge sum of money to fund US bases in Japan.

Hiro is a Yak town, but theyre just like cockroaches. Theyre everywhere. Diff between Kobe/Osaka and Hiroshima is yaks in Hiroshima will **** with you/fight.

JB - happens often enough. Have had friends who were stopped 2xs in one night and 3xs total over one weekend :rolleyes: