• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see the appeal of Spiderman myself. I think I saw both on the plane home and got really bored with it all.

Babel is excellent though well worth a watch. I also saw Big Fish recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in seeing the Mel Gibson one Apocalypto, I believe it is out in places. Anyone seen it? I have heard it described as "action, bloodletting, chin-rubbing and arthouse". Sounds quite mixed up.

• 3 weeks later...

They were starting to make Spaceballs 2.

But now there is no listing for it on IMDB.

The first one has to be one of the funniest movies of all time.

"NO SIR, I did not see you playing with your dolls again SIR!"

Found out an interesting fact.

Jet Li and Jackie Chan are teaming up to do a movie together.

There is no script confirmed yet, its being temporarily named the J&J Project.

Jackie Chan is currently filming Rush Hour 3

And Li is filming Ci Ma (This Violent Land) after just completing "War" with Jason Statham. Should be some nice fight scenes there.

Speaking of which, one of the best fight scenes I have ever seen was in "Gorgeous" When Jackie Chan takes on a little American boxer "Bradley James Allan" Great stuff.

Apocalypto - didn't rate it myself, then again not really the kind of movie that usually interests me.

Now, Die Hard 4 is a different story ;\)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been out here in the 'States for a few weeks now - I've gotten mixed reactions from my friends who've seen it. If I see it this weekend, I'll post my reaction, but it seems like "Hot Fuzz" (from the "Shaun of the Dead" guys) is on the menu...

Wonder why Japan gets Spiderman 3 before the 'States?

I'm looking forward to seeing a movie called Half Nelson which is getting a lot of good talk. "the kind of story that steals into your bones and echoes long after the lights come up". But seriously sounds like the story, direction & acting is top notch.

• 1 month later...

A few opinions here

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32357

Thinking back on the film in its entirety, this is a very, very funny, character driven movie with a plot that holds together well enough but on it’s own probably wouldn’t be that interesting. I know, duh, but it seems important to emphasize that you won’t feel as though the essence of the characters, that everyone loves, was compromised in the transition to film. It was a good time that truly did not disappoint..people will be psyched to check it out once it comes out.

&

I won't let any of these bother me too much, though. The film format has seemingly shaken up The Simpsons camp creatively in ways television likely never could have, and is thus the most satisfying Simpsons venture in a long, long, long time.