OK, this doesn't seem to go in the other movies thread so I thought I'd start a new one.

Movies you are looking forward to.

Blockbuster type but probably good:

Superman Returns

Pirates 2

Just ace all round:

Snakes on a Plane

\:\)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the States at the mo - have just seen the new Superman. I really liked it. A bit long but if you are a Supes fan you will probably like this. The new guy does a great job in the role and Spacey is good (as he usually is) as Lex. Great effects. The Supes music in there bringing back lots of memories. Worth watching in the movie theater I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Superman last night.

I enjoyed it, it was good fun.

I wish he had winked at the camera at the end though. He's supposed to do that.

Shocking that he has a kid though.

The original The Wicker Man was really good.

Its like the Omen. What is the point? I suppose with the Omen the point was simply the marketing potention of the 6/6/6 date. If you had seen the original watching the new one was a case of waiting for the scenes you knew were coming.

• 1 month later...

I really want to see a movie called "Right At Your Door". It's super low budget, about a terrorist attack, some guy seals his house with duct tape and then his infected wife (?) appears and he leaves her outside. Sounds charming, right? Still supposed to be very effectively done.

Quote:
Over the next few years, MGM is planning to release half a dozen films, some in the $150 million to $200 million-plus range. Studio is ready to unveil such high-profile projects as "Terminator 4"; one or two installments of "The Hobbit," which Sloan hopes will be directed by Peter Jackson; and a sequel to "The Thomas Crown Affair" with Pierce Brosnan.

It has already announced a "Pink Panther" sequel and the next 007 pic "Bond 22," due out in November 2008. "Rocky Balboa" unspools in February.
The Hobbit! now if there was ever a pot of gold movie to be made that is it, the prequel to Lord of the Rings and a great and pretty concise story = easy movie adaptation.
If Peter Jackson gets handed it then the LOTR fanboys will be creaming their pants in eagre anticipation.
Could be awhile if they do want PJ to do it, he has Halo (producer) and the Dambusters (director) and his plate at the moment. Perhaps late next year they will make it with a release in Summer 2008 or late 2008.

Sly just doesnt know when to call it quits does he?........Rocky12, the story of 86 year old Rocky Balboa forced into the ring for one last fight to pay for his retirement home fees......