Offside law is soccer = frustrating, I like the idea of modifying, not abolishing the offside law.

Anyone familiar with ice hockey will know the law, a zone at the goal end, the attacking zone of the field which you cant be in unless the ball is in there, much easier to judge for the linesman too.

I think it could work and could make the game more exciting, but then again what would I know I guess having played the game doesnt count.

Not a die hard fan of soccer but I love the anticipation that such a low scoring game brings with it. A goal for one team or the other changes the nature of the game completely and that isn’t something that one gets with high scoring games. Sometimes the lack of goals/runs is just as thrilling it creates a knife of anticipation that other games just don’t have.

I loved last night's Aust v Japan game mainly because of the emotional roller coaster ride of having my confidence in an Aust victory suffer a body blow when Japan scored then having my remaining hope of an Australian come back eroded inch by agonizing inch as the yellow card count climbed and the players began to tire only to be given a miraculous reprieve when all hope seemed lost. I doubt I would have enjoyed the game as much if the score had been 30:10 Aust.