Haha this is sort of bizzare... my Mum forwarded this article to me from The Times in the UK - apparently a bunch of people in Japan claim the tomb of Jesus is in Japan and that he lived here for most of his life and spoke fluent Japanese...... and some dude even claims he's a direct desendent of the J man himself...... how totally random.

Check it out...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25689-2201183,00.html

I believe he was in fact Japanese and I will kill anyone who says otherwise. I will also mutilate my childrens genitals in the meanwhile.

Can just imagine a wise guy Gaijin who came across here all those years ago and piped up, "nice to meet you guys, oh and by the way did I tell you I am Jesus?!" Jesus sake then anyone?!

lol.gif

Crazy yes, but not quite so unbeleivable:

China had Hung Hsiu-ch'üan who thought he was Jesus's younger brother.

Hung Hsiu-ch'üan was the son of a poor farmer near Canton. He was a promising young student, but repeatedly failed the civil service examination in Canton. After one such failure, he overheard a Christian missionary speaking and brought home several Christian treatises. The next year he again failed the exam and, according to some historians, had a nervous breakdown. Whatever happened, Hung had several visions in which an old man told him that people had stopped worshipping him and were worshipping demons; in another, the man appointed him as a slayer of demons. Hung believed that the man in the visions was God the Father and that a younger, middle aged man that visited him in visions was Jesus Christ, his Elder Brother. He himself was the Younger Brother and had been sent by God to earth in order to eradicate demons and demon worship. 20-30 million deaths later he wasn't so certain of his divinity and killed himself.

Interesting that Jerusalem presented them with a plaque. I wonder how people who strongly believe in the Bible feel about it or how some Japanese might react if another country started claiming that the original imperial decendants of the sun has actually spend quite a few years producing "half" babies in another country.

I showed that article to a few of my students this morning and it made for some interesting discussions.

Quote:
Originally posted by firedog23:
I for one don't beleive it because we all know he works the swing shift with Elvis at the 7-11.
would he be the same guy that writes this blog?