phew, I thought this was going to be a thread about the other meaning of cufflinks. Now that would've been an interesting thread to read.

I'm too poor to wear cufflinks, though if I had the money, I would still probably prefer to spend it on ski gear or other toys than on cufflinks.

Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
I don't think they are that expensive. Guess it depends on if you are just going for the design or need "brand" ones.
I think he's saying they're a waste of money. If so, I agree. Even if they have them at the 100 yen shop, I'd rather buy some markers or something.

When I wear a suit I usually where them. Think it rounds off the outfit (he says trying not to sound too gay!), and can looks smart at a formal occasion. If I have a business meeting then they always out.

I have some with my "good shirts" for more special ocassions, I really like wearing them. (They aren't character ones!) Saw some World Cup football ones yesterday - one for each team in the finals!

I dont like cufflinks at all.

I have some shirts that need them but I feel a bit ostentatious wearing them. So they only come out when all my normal shirts are dirty. It just seems a bit too dressy (ie. tuxedo style) for an everyday business occasion.

I also dont like the blue shirts with white collars. Or suits with very strong pinstripes.

I think cuffs look good. Blue shirts with white collars do not - never liked them but they always somehow remind me of a few smarmy guys I used to know.

Quote:
When I wear a suit I usually where them
doooode. You're an English teacher. Where or wear???? :p

Yeah I give cufflinks a very stylish thumbs up. Only have a pair and they come out only on special occasions
  • 2 weeks later...

They were once very trendy, just like mother-of-pearl buttons, but thankfully they've lost their shine.

For me they're just another unnecessary item to lose or snag on things.

Also, I dislike bling - putting it on and taking it off shites me, so only ever wear functional 'jewellery' like a watch, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by akibun:
What is "bling"?
Thanks to Wikipedia:

'Bling-bling is a hip hop slang term which refers to expensive jewelry and other accoutrements, and also to an entire lifestyle built around excess spending and ostentation.'