This was hinted on in another thread, but what is it with a large number of the current Japanese male youth wanting to it seems look like a girl?

We noticed a fair amount of real pretty boys in Tokyo when we were there, is it just a city thing or is it 'normal'? Do the chicks love their boyfriends looking like other chicks and not like a bit of real bloke or what?

I'm interested to know!

i personally don't care if a guy wants to look like a girl. Whatever turns their crank. I have been a fashion victim myself.

What i don't like is what seems like the majority of people spending (to my mind) way too much time preening. I think its a waste of time, and looks pretty vain to me. I have spent enough time worrying in front of a mirror and i hate it.

I personally find girls (and guys) who look natural to be more attractive seem happier than the made-up ones. But maybe that has to do with personality too. A lot of them seem more comfortable with themselves and don't have the need to impress anybody.

People seem to enjoy spending more time beautifying their outsides than their insides.

>>boys looking like girls

Quite similar to a bottle of beer looking more like a bottle of champagne. My girlfriend bought a bottle of brew back from the corner store last night and for all the world, it looked like a bottle of bubbly without a big cork. I drank it today for lunch and it was beer, taste was ok, certainly better than the sausages that I burnt.

I was a bit confused when I first came to Japan. There were some boys I really thought looked like girls. Do they realise it though? I think a lot of them just think they are fashionable and lots seem to have girlfriends tottering along beside them.

One of my students (a guy) asked me about my lipbalm the other day... he just thought the little container looked cool or something (from muji) and then he got his lipbalm out, put some on and then pointed out that it had a frosty pink tint to it... i was really trying hard to look interested and not fall over laughing lol.gif The student in question doesn't look like a girl at all, but i thought this was hilarious... it's almost lipgloss dude!!!!!

I find it comforting that these boys invest their time and money in cosmetics. Much better than guns, knives and amphetamines.

It was nice at Gassan today to see the snowboarding punk yoof doods attend to their girlfriends and clear up their litter. thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
 Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:

And, girls, do you like my avatar? \:\)
No. Except for the humor factor.
lol.gif lol.gif Yeah, dude that avatar is ****in tacky. I'm gonna make one just like it, but I'm broke as a joke so I'll stand in front of my wifes mama-churi. cool.gif (don't even have my own bike)

Tokio Hotel, never heard of them where are they from.

Some of the boys at a school I used to go to were into wearing bright red lipstick. Along with the spiky moulded hair thing going on as well. They seemed to be popular enough with the fashionable girls.

Saw a guy all dressed up in his rocker gear, dirty ripped jeans, long hair, leather jacket, silver jewelry the other day. He was trying his best to look cool but the whole look was spolit by the huge pink fluffy rabbit keitai strap hanging out of his pocket.