I just had a rather amusing (for me) talk with some telesales person. They had called before, the same company and I think the same person, and I politely told them at that time that I wasn't interested and not to call me again and take my number off their list.

Anyway, of course they didn't do that and I got the call again.

After they got past their first intro line I decided to have a bit of fun. After all it is Sunday and I'm slobbing out with some movies and basically not doing much.

So I ask them a few questions:

- it's Sunday, why are you calling me at home?

- would you like it if I called you at home?

- why didn't you take my number off the list?

- is it demoralising doing telesales work when people get angry like this?

Poor woman got a bit flustered, but didn't do too bad actually, sticking to the official line and all. I had a bit of fun though, bad me.

I always like to ask for their home number so I can call them back at a more convenient time.

Bit of a conversation killer but it can also lead to so great debates (well arguements actually).

Id think speakin like a Yakuza would get rid of em real quick thumbsdown.gif

I have a problem right now with my students calling my cell phone (dont have a house line) and also doing ping-pong dash. ringing my door bell and then running away mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Though compared with the shite we did in jhs and hs in the US its pretty tame and lame... :rolleyes:

If I ever catch the ****ers who are ringing my door bell late at night Ill chop off their ballz mad.gif

at least they haven't graduated to the burning bag of sh!t ping pong dash lol.gif

I used to have a crank caller on the house line when I was a jet. Never found out who it was though mad.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:

If I ever catch the ******* who are ringing my door bell late at night Ill chop off their ballz mad.gif
Do what I did - take the ringer out of the doorbell so it doesn't work and people have to knock.... I was sick of door to door salespeople ringing my doorbell while I was still asleep and my god that was a loud doorbell too!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
I have a problem right now with my students calling my cell phone (dont have a house line) and also doing ping-pong dash. ringing my door bell and then running away mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Though compared with the shite we did in jhs and hs in the US its pretty tame and lame... :rolleyes:
Ahhh, knock and runs! So how do your students have your address and phone number anyway? Did the school put it in the school magazine? My old high school did that. How dumb.
If we had our teachers address and ph numbers in school, we would have gotten in more trouble than we did!

or the one you and Taz did to "Crash" after coming back from Hamada mate! lol.gif lol.gif

Indo, its in the public directory at school. I complain every year but they never leave it out as students always like to send cards at New Years :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Granted, Ive averaged about 80-100 each year...