• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

Last night something horrible happened. I woke up at 3am and saw a big black bug on my leg! I screamed and tried to move quickly but my stomach got in the way so I fell out of the bed, knocking over the fan & ending up on my back with my legs in the air! Me Tarzan had just got home from a wedding party so he got rid of it for me! I noticed that the window was open so I hope it came in the window and was not living in my apartment. I thought it was some kind of beetle but Me Tarzan said it was a cockroach! I felt so itchy for the next hour and didn't go back to sleep until about 4:30.

Aside from that, the stomach is still bulging in strange directions and mini me Tarzan is still breech.

heck' be careful, me Jane!

I was born breech, came out ass first in a staple position quite easily and I was born really quickly too (but I think a lot of that came to my tall sportswoman mother).

I've been learning lots of gross birth facts that no-one ever seems to talk about:

1.As women are not generally given enemas before the birth the delivery table can get a bit messy with all the pushing! At least if I have a c-section I'll be avoiding that one!

2.After delivery the mother has some bleeding called lochia which is basically like a very heavy period that can last up to 6 weeks!! Still get that one, even with a c-section but not for so long!

Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:

1.As women are not generally given enemas before the birth the delivery table can get a bit messy with all the pushing! At least if I have a c-section I'll be avoiding that one!
And some people still can't understand why I was happy to stand behind my wife rather than in front of my wife during her 2 births.
I wanted good memories of my wife and kids!
 Quote:
Rach, yep I feel all sorts of wierd kicks and stuff. The nearest thing I can descibe it to is gas moving through your intestines. I can feel it anywhere from in my bum, to under my ribs. Sometimes it tickles - it doesn't really hurt. If he is having a good move around I can see his head or bum bulging out of my stomach - that just makes me feel really stretched. Never seen a foot poke out though!
eek.gif ! がんばって!

When I was a little boy I helped my dad pull a calf out of a cow before I went to school one morning. It was all tangled up and we tied a rope to its legs and tied that rope to the tractor and tugged gently in reverse. That memory, and posts above from meJane, serve to sustain my will to marry a lady without the breeding instinct.

I remember the nurses were actively encouraging my wife to strain like she was taking a dump, and thats its fine for her to defecate, but actually she never did.

We having #2 but unfortunately having a few problems so my wife is in hospital for a few weeks. I was quite outraged to find that its not covered by the standard insurance I pay through work. I wonder what the story is behind that - anyone know?

Bobby 12, Uncomplicated pregnancy is not a disease and so is therefore not covered by Japanese National insurance. At least that's how it was explained to me. If you have any pregnancy complications then they are covered (except for the usual 20 or 30% that you always get charged). That's why a c-section ends up being cheaper than a natural birth. The rough prices I've been quoted (not including a private room or any other extra things that come up) are 45man for a normal birth but only 30 man for a c-section. I have additional ex-pat insurance which covers 80% of pregnancy costs so hopefully I'll end up paying less than 10man. If your wife is having problems I would think that would be covered so you should only be charged a % of the full costs. If you want the other 20-30% covered then you either have to take out an additional policy with a private J-insurance company or get ex-pat insurance.

I'm using this one. It's based in the UK. Hope your wife & baby are okay. When is she due?

Update:

Went to the docs yesterday and the baby has turned - you were right, Fattwins! Trouble is I'm still on the c-section list cos now the cord is under his head and if the cord drops out when I do into labour then the baby will suffocate. Docs are a bit worried that this will happen while I'm out and about and gave me strict instuctions to race to the hosp if I notice any water dripping out. They've put me on weekly check-ups. Then again it can't be that bad because they said to go on as normal and don't seem to think I need to stay in the hosp.

Found out a bit more about this cord business. It's called funic presentation which just means that the cord is the presenting part, it's more common with breech babies but can happen with vertex ones too.

What the doctor didn't tell me on Wednesday was the position I'm supposed to adopt while racing to the hospital: Basically I have to get on my hands and knees and someone is supposed to travel with me with their hand up inside me pushing the baby's head up to take the pressure off the cord! I can just imagine trying to ask one of my co-workers to do that!

eek.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Lovely visual there mejane! I imagine James Heriot delivering a calf! lol.gif
lol.gif
Probably not far off!

Went to "maternity school" yesterday. Me Tarzan got to be pregnant for a few minutes and then had to bath a 3kg doll!

CIMG0189.jpg

CIMG0194.jpg
 Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:
congrats Dims, a farting angel? sounds interesting! badair.gif

#2 is the on the way at my house, due in March, the good wife has chronic morning sickness, they should call it all damn day sickness if you ask me.
I am not really that interested in babies to tell the truth, they dont do anything, it takes 3 years before kids get interesting to do things with! I want to fast forward the second ones age to the age first one now - and have twins! and skip the whole baby phase, been there done that.
omedetou snowglider! clap.gif
Didnt know mate. I leave this baby thread crap alone... ;\)

Nice photos me jane. I was shown how to bath a baby using the genuine article. Nurse described how to do then said go. She gave me a funny look after and said "you've done this before". No, I said, but I grew up on a farm, and I'm used to handling small animals. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
I leave this baby thread crap alone... ;\)
It'll be your turn soon enough!

Lin, BofC,
Lots more work to come if I have anything to do with it!

Rach,
Not particularly looking forward to the birth itself but can't wait to meet the little guy.
(Also looking forward to getting my body back, not having a bum lodged under my ribs, losing weight, fitting into my old clothes and being able to go places more than 5 mins away from a toilet!)

For those who want the gory details here are a few more:
Went to the hosp on Wednesday and the cord had floated up so except for being too high Mini Me Tarzan has got himself into the right position. They are still not sure if he will be able to drop down as he would have to manoeuvre his head past the fibroids. I won't know for sure about the c-section until about a week before - so around the 11th or so.

*WARNING* Here comes the gross bit...

It really is disgusting...

Then Thursday night, at 7:45, with a student due to arrive at 8, I lost my mucous plug (google it!). Actually I noticed a little brownish thing down the toilet when I went to flush & thought to myself that it was strange as I hadn't felt myself taking a dump! I fished it out with a disposable chopstick and after a quick inspection & comparison with some internet photos decided it was the mucous plug! The trusty Internet said if you lost the MP before 36 weeks (I'm almost 34) you should call the hospital so I called my nurse friend who called the hospital. Then just as my student arrived my friend called back to say that the hospital had said I had to go in "right now" and that "no, I couldn't go after my lesson". Send the student home & went to the hosp. The doc had a bit of a poke around and then they did a scan and hooked me up to a fetal moniter. Decided that as I wasn't having contractions or dilated that it wasn't such an emergency after all and they sent me home again!

I did warn you shifty.gif