lol.gif

I'm not keen on mysteries, so I was happy to see clearly on the ultrasound that both mine were boys. My ex-wife was hoping the second would be a girl. When she found out, she was so angry, she didn't speak to me for a week. Happy days.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

Quite surprising that so many people on here wouldn't/didn't want to find out. Almost all the preg mums I know at the moment couldn't wait to find out. I wanted to find out as soon as possible, too. It all seems a bit surreal knowing that something is growing inside me and for me, finding out that it is a he has helped to make it a bit more real.

I don't think that telling everyone else really "spoils the surprise" because the only people it really concerns are the parents and they make the choice whether or not to find out.

On the other hand doctors should be more careful. Fjef, I have another friend, who like you told the doctor she didn't want to know. The doctor said okay and then went on to refer to the baby as a "he" for the rest of the visit!

Soubriquet, You've sure had a hard time of things, glad it's all good now!

Health & gory details update:

clap.gif Have has two days in a row without puking.

\:\( Still feel nauseous though

\:\( Lots of gas and bloating, pretty painful and I look like a whale

eek.gif Total weight gain so far 5kgs

Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:

I don't think that telling everyone else really "spoils the surprise" because the only people it really concerns are the parents and they make the choice whether or not to find out.
each to their own, though I'd rather find out the babies name after it was born (when it's not mine \:\) ) Just doesn't feel the same when you have been hearing about baby "enter name here" for months before hand.. (and it also gives people chance to rip off your perfect name!)

My wife didn't have any specific cravings for food but she couldn't eat hot food really-just made her more nauseous.Glad I can't get pregnant-it would be too hard for me...

Update on Mum. I'm having problems skypeing my boys because their connection is too slow (the ADSL modem was given by me). She has told my children she can't afford an increase in speed because I am not paying maintenance. I am paying maintenance. How is it for my children to prove that their mother is a flagrant liar?

Children are more resiliant than we give them credit for. They'll figure everything out and make the right choices.

In the meantime could you pay the connection fee directly or call their landline using skypeout - it costs something like 2 eurocents a minute?

I wonder what she gets out of giving you such a hard time? Treating people like that is not going to bring any joy to her life.

Sorry about the rant me jane. I hate conflict, and this kind of stuff causes me terrible stress. I'm trying to teach my boys to respect others by eaxample. It's hard when it is clear that she has no respect for anyone except herself.

When the connection breaks up, I simply use the land line. We have VOIP anyway so it's not too expensive, but I want the camera to work. Also, there's a nice immediacy when they feel confident to contact me, when they want help with homework for example. They will do it with skype, but they never ring conventionally. I find it cathartic to blow some steam sometimes. Thanks for the kind words.

That's farged Sob.

Though they will work it out one day, Hopefully you do tell them that you do pay, though involving kids in shit like that isn't good.

Skype to OZ is only .24 yen a min (land line) so just do that..

Broad Band still requires a hefty outlay in OZ to get connected (so I am told) so hopefully one of these days it will become cheaper?

I know it doesn't help with the respect issues but could you get a skype-in number? I think with that they would be able to call you for the price of a local call from their landline.

Blow steam on here anytime. That's what we are here for ;\)

Thanks Fjef \:\)

Update:

5.5kgs gained

been feeling the odd kick (can't feel them from the outside yet though)

Woke up at 3am in pain (probably the fibroids)

Still puking (but less than before)

American Size 8 jeans fit me (used to be size 4) eek.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Went for the monthly check up yesterday. Officially in the second trimester now so I got a new doctor. A lady - she was really nice. The whole check up experience is pretty stressful cos you do sometimes feel like a lab experiment with so many people checking you out but the staff at my hosp have been great and they are so patient with me and all my questions so I can't complain.

Gross details update:

7kgs gained (mostly on my chest I think)

feeling lots of kicks

seeing the odd kick from the outside

Still waking up a few times each night

Still puking

Into maternity clothes now - quite a gut on me!