Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
No. Tarzan's mum is catholic but neither of us are particularly religious. Just trying to decide a name is hard enough!
From our experience, Japanese names for girls are easy - there are many nice choices. Naming boys is much harder if you want something creative and pronounceable for the folks at home. Good luck with names - I ended up with 2 boys...
  • Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

Hey mejane, she's doing good thanks. We've got the 2nd trimester breather going on, doesn't last long though. Strange thing is that we're far less preoccupied by the whole pregnancy this time round. Something to do with having an overly fiesty 2 year old and being more full-on with work.

Great fattwins! Congrats to you both!

clap.gif

How was the birth? Is your wife going to her parents for a while? I heard that a lot of Japanese mothers do that to give them a chance to recover.

Davo, I guess that's normal. Probably a bit more about knowing what to expect too. Knowing that all the wierd feelings in her body are nothing to worry about cos she's had them all before.

Soub, good news about the morning sickness I suppose...thanks \:\) Had to go to the ER on Sunday cos I was in a lot of pain for some reason. Could have dealt with the pain but was scared cos I didn't know what it was or if the baby was okay. Turned out to be the fibroids playing up and the doc gave me some useless painlkillers and told me to go to bed for a few days. (Medical info: The fibroids can start to die when the baby takes their blood supply which is what causes the pain, after a few days the blood supply usually rights itself and the pain subsides) Back at work now anyway.

Went to Akachan-Honpo (Japanese baby store) and bought myself some maternity underwear yesterday. It's lovely!

the type that covers the belly then eh. i dont think you need to keep the baby wram in this heat, fark kyotos hot. my wife will stay in kyoto untill sept as will i. i have a 3 weeks hols so i can work here and the grandparents can chill with the baby.

the gradparents are off to china in 2 monthes so they arent your typical japanese ojis.

lobour was easy me jane i hope that you get the same. 3.5 hours not even enough time to get a pain killer.

she is starting to feed now so she is crying moe and more. we are bad at burping her so she has had some gas and couldnt sleep untill she tooted.