• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like 6 Feet Under. There's some really good tv out there now.

Saw some Dr Who on NHK last week. Talk about boring... disappointed in that.

• 1 month later...

Watching Prison Break at the moment, good stuff.

And got the 7th season of West Wing lined up as well. I can't remember the last time I watched any tv (as in broadcast tv).

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
Interesting read here about how tv shows are getting better and lots of stars and directors moving there rather than movies. Got to say I don't watch many movies recently and have got into a fair few tv shows that are really good.
I watch both. Well kinda. I DL everything I want to watch via Bit Torrents. The last TV I watched and liked was "Deadwood". I downloaded the entire series - took about an hour. And whatched the whole 3 seasons worth of episodes back to back non-stop. Prison Break was pretty good too as TV series go. This month is VERY unusual. I'm inbetween jobs (all month long) and DLed and watched 253 movies and watched 130gigs of TV shows.
clap.gif

That's like - Wake up, watch movies... and keep watching them till you can't stay awake any longer. Rinse and repeat - for a whole month.

eek.gif

Tesselator seems you have the same addiction as me.

I watched 50 episodes of Full Metal alchemist's in 2 -3 days, Watch 5 series of Sopranos in a bout a week with some films thrown in. Stand Alone complex and second gig.

Anything that is posted at "complete series" and I cant go to the mountain that weekend, I just watch it.

Love Prison Break and Battlestar. Even I watch Ugly Betty religiously haha. Now I am going through a phase of childhood films.

The Dark Crystal

Krull

Labyrinth( old one)

etc.

2-3 films a night.

My favorite film of all time is Barbarella favorite series The Prisoner.

I saw a pair of video gogles once in a high-tech novelty sight. They were like those video glasses that are already fairly popular but also allowed one to see through them - or past the screen as it were.

I can totally see stocking a series or two onto a video iPod and catching an episode per run started on the chair up.

\:D

On the run down they would serve to keep the snow and glare out of your eyes too. The ones I saw were an amber tint - perfect for the slopes!

They say wearing these things gives the user the same sensation as being center-row at a mamoth theater.

There now you can have your snow and eat it too.

;\)

Quote:
I watched 50 episodes of Full Metal alchemist's in 2 -3 days
eek.gif

I think though myself and cheesewoman got through 24 season 2 in about one week. I thought that was over-watching! A lot of cheese was also consumed that week \:\)

24? Yeah, I watched saeson 1 like that.. It took me just a little over 24hrous to watch it too. Being real-time I thought it would be interesting to do so. I haven't seen the other seasons. I was told that they weren't worth watching.

Was Season 2 any good?

--

btw, I also like The Wire. Pretty interesting! Especially when they did the real (live) videos of the actual people the story was about at the end of the DVDs. I know (knew) people like that.

We've just got episode 2 of Heroes here in HK. Quite interesting so far but there's lots of hype about this programme. I find it funny that the Japanese "hero" in this soap is a short, chubby and pleasant looking young man named "Hiro"!

Yeah, Deadwood for me was one of the best TV series I've ever seen. For sure woth the rental price (or DL time) for all 3 seasons!

As an additional perk... I think they came very close to capturing the drama of those times... Meaning I think it's pretty close to how it was - focusing soley on the drama aspects of the time/place.

Here's what the place looks like now:

http://www.deadwood.org/_Panoramics/_Large.cfm?Panoramic=Deadwood2&Title=Upper%20Main%20Street

Pan around up in the sky and hop from viewpoint to viewpoint. Neat-o!

• 3 weeks later...