• SnowJapan Admin

We'll take them from there, that should be fine - can you send on some details (as per requested on the vid page and thread below)....just give us a bit of time please (a bit snowed under here, no pun intended)

New thread with some official type blurb here:

http://www.skijapanguide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004603

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the quality and size of my vid isn't that great- to send via email it couldnt be larger than 2.25mb. i had to cut it down to a minute and export it to quicktime in the lowest quality setting (email vs web or expert in imovie). so i guess keep it short if you want better quality.

nekobi, you may already know this but there are quite a few Zip utilities that will divide your files up into any size you specify for sending by email. I use a free Japanese one called +Lhaca, but there are English ones too.

If email size is your first constraint, you can overcome it with this kind of utility.

Just slapped this together tonight. I can't post it on here yet since it's too big for my email account at home. I'll send it in tomorrow. Just was messing with some of the clips I've saved in the software to see how it would work. For the most part, no huge problems. Anyway, here's the link:

The pre-trailer to the trailer of the trailer

Fattwins - for some reason my software would not take your files. I'll PM you with some more information tomorrow.

LPL - I could use your 20 fps clips just fine, but the software wouldn't take the 15 fps clips for some reason. I believe those were your shots from Niseko. Oh, and I had to put the fade in between the first two clips as a workaround to a glitch in the software wakaranai.gif \:D

Ocean - gave the song you suggested a test run. I really dig it. Gonna have to look up some more music from them.

hmm, i have no idea whats going on with those clips. they were different cameras in each place, but i thought the fram rates were the same. do you have quicktime pro? try resaving them from there. or reformat them with media cleaner or after effects.

This is what i got when i tried to download the file. Should I blame my imac? There was page after page of it in my browser:

0&©˜uÎfÏ?ÙªbÎl¼

3&©˜uÎfÏ?ÙªbÎl@Random © ¡Ü«ŒG©ÏÎäÀ Seh^@è}"‘&N«”û»›Rè/à¾VæÃ|©£©¯,pºE+¸°Ë°Ëx?µ¿_.©ÏÎãÀ SeEÒÓ«º©ÏÎæÀ Se©FC|àïüK©˜)9>®!=A\…'en-us]‹ñ&„EìGŸ_eRÉêËøů[wH„gªŒDúLÊZIsVBR4DeviceConformanceTemplateL2IsVBR4DeviceConformanceTemplate@.WM/WMADRCPeakReferenceÿ4WM/WMADRCAverageReferenceMtÔßÊ E°Ëº‰«Ë–ªè?Ë¥ærÆ2Cƒ™©iR[ZX}À}À€‚Ë¥ærÆ2Cƒ™©iR[Zn?ʸ?ʸkTcP”½Æ†Iƒ£Çy!·3ú ®!=ªÙ|œO¼(…U†˜â¢&@°Ë®¢ÒãÒ—©£ É^´Ä°Ë©“´]©£0æ}•ù—dÂß™WÌ–ËûM`à£`å…ë2^å

etc etc etc

plucky I wont bother fixing my junk up ill just send you my tapes next week you should have them next thursday or so. No time to go through them and tell you what you might want to skip.

Ill email dane but he isnt fliming this year he is studing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
plucky I wont bother fixing my junk up ill just send you my tapes next week you should have them next thursday or so. No time to go through them and tell you what you might want to skip.
Ill email dane but he isnt fliming this year he is studing.
That sounds good. I have no idea why the software wouldn't take the clips. I was going to try some other things this weekend with the clips in some other software, but won't work too hard on it if I'm getting the originals.

LPL - I'll give that a shot with the other clips and see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestions.

hey plucky, love the slow-mo on your edit! makes it look like a pro movie (except for my very amateur riding!)

geez it'd be great if those little digi-cams could shoot high frame-rates - like 100 fps or so, then you could get that lovely smooth slo-mo they get when they shoot snowboard/ski films on 16mm...that kind of thing cant be too far in the future...ah the wonders of the digital age \:D

the supers are working well. a suggestion - how about the same font that SJ use? (not sure what its called) that'd be good from a style consistency point of view. SJ would probably love an SJ "watermark" over the whole thing too (ya know, like TV stations do - a 1/2 mixed small logo in the corner)

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowJapan.Com#1:
Where should we send our logo file to? Plucky?
Yeah, go ahead and send it my way. I'll have to figure out how to do the watermark thing, but I think I've seen it in the software somewhere. If you don't have my email address, I'll PM it to you. **edit - just saw the email - thanks!

LPL - which font are you talking about? The one on the logo or....? Easy enough to change, so I'll give it a shot. Just not sure which one you are talking about.

Fattwins - I seriously think half of the clips I've taken this year end in a crash - got some good ones too! If I'm not surfing or skiing on Sunday, I'll throw something else together.

I was just down at the BX on base to pick up a new battery for my camera and did a quick perusal of the video camera section. I couldn't believe how cheap they have gotten now! I bought mine 2 years ago for 800 bucks. Same camera is now 350! They had some really nice Sony's and Hitachi's and JVC's for around 400. They even had the DVD cameras for 400 on up. Don't know about those yet though or how they are.

yeah, i mean the font on the logo box above "SJ Forums online community"

SJ, whats the font called? & can you email me the logo too please - a hi-res one would be good (ie 800 pixels wide or bigger) or an eps file if you have one.

d(thingymajig)b and .stoke

o.k., sorry if this problem has already been taken care of, but...

if your having trouble veiwing the file on your macs (i,e. you get all the weird sybols and whatnot), you need to download windows media player for mac.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/mac71.aspx

i just watched it on my mac no problem, so it should work.

good luck

\:D

Such an obvious solution! And I thought Mac Users were supposed to be special and smart, errrr, I mean non-conformal snobs, no wait, I mean.....(I'll quit now as the hole is deep enough) ;\) Nahhh....I mean snowboarders! \:D

Oh and I forgot to say thanks (again) I love those vids, as they are just about the only ones I have right now. Going to try to make more this weekend on my trip to MONTANA (Big Sky, Montana is really big and steep).