• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my arse kicked yest runnin with davo. The first part of the trail (and the steepest) was basically off the conventional trail and was covered in leaves. Felt like I stepped then my foot slid back half a length. Frustrating and at the end of it my quads felt like jello...

We got up to the top and then had a nice ridge run with some great views and mountains/mountain trails that stretched as far as the horizon. Wicked. Lots of ups/downs and basically they were steep,very technical, with no real gradual ascents/decents on that mtn.

Rolled my ankle twice yest when we were flyin down the mountain and its a bit sore today. Hurts a bit but I think stretching a lot kept me from injuring myself.

Guesstamating we did around 13-16K

Hope you're ok mate. I gotta find some mellower trails for us out here. That leafy section sucked but luckily it was pretty short and, like I said, I've gotten used to those hellish ascents. The conventional trail and temple route should be better. Got me over my cold but one of my quads is a bit sore today.

You're lucky to be able to go so often. I ran for almost 2 hours on Sunday cause I found some mindblowingly great new trails. Creek Boy, you will be impressed by what I've found, it's exactly what we've been looking for. Don't know how I'd missed it in the past.

awesome, Ive been on the stairmaster at the gym working out my quads to be able to attack da mtns weve been runnin. Im sure you found nirvana if you say its what weve been lookin for \:\)

My trail shoes should arrive today/tom and having better traction will be nice as well. Slippin/and rollin ankles out there makes me worry bout injuries.

Look forward to another session out there. Glad I joined the gym too \:D

yeah it's sweet alright, though I am still in the market for a new pair of shoes as sports depot drew a blank on my size after keeping me waiting for 10 days mad.gif Japan is hell for peeps who have bigger feet.

Will try to get down to Sportaka on the weekend-they are one of the few places that cater to the freak feet crew...

How you feeling after yest Davo? Overall my body is sore though after that run thats to be expected. Really enjoyed the new trails we found - got a lot of distance on relatively rolling trails which were wide and not technical. We should push out pass the dam next time \:\) Will also check a map as I have no idea how far that was.

Not really sore, just tired as anything after two big runs in a row. If I hadn't had work today I'd have been fine, but yeah, basically knackered mate. I'll know better next time but I'm happy to be as fit as I am right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, still running though still without the waterbottle. Short evening runs anyways so it isn't a problem-day runs are basically out of the question right now. I would love a rainy day or two over the next week.

When do you get back CB?

• 3 weeks later...

I went looking for running shoes in England and got some New Balance shoes which I find I don't much like (for running). But one of the shop boys mentioned that he did 'aikido running' which doesn't require a cushioned heel.

Today I went googling for 'aikido running' and found nothing, but I did find Pose Tech running that sounds somewhat similar. Has anybody tried this, or otherwise have an opinion? The idea of running safely without special shoes sounds very right to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOrange:
I'm having a break. Will be back to it in 2 weeks and having to get rid of probably an extra 3-4kg. shifty.gif
what do you do when ya stop running orange?
Pig Out?

The ChiRunning looks interesting, but I'm fine as long as I keep my shoes up to scratch and don't overdo things.

CB, I had my only weekend (and week) of not running last weekend. It's just too hot and I couldn't be bothered with it anymore. Will be keen to get back into it when it's cooler. For now it's all about shorter distance slow runs, which are timed to get optimal conditions.