• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good grief! its the Nike pod

Quote:
Nike is to make running shoes that will be able to send data about the wearer's performance to an Apple iPod using a new wireless system called Nike+iPod.
any takers? aparently if your cadence drops of the ipod will start to play a "power song" to amp you up!

Davo, I didnt find a connection to the trail mentioned earlier on my run today but did find the most beautiful view of Kobe/Osaka up in Northern Nishinomiya at the border of Ashiya. Was way up the mountain and one road I ran up to the top went straight for over 600 meters at at least a 30+ degree gradient. Another nice day for a 10K \:D Lemme know if you wanna come out here or I head out to yours again.

Orange, no. A heartrate monitor for 10 years ;\)

Id never buy a NikePod. Hardly ever run with music either - just a personal choice. Thats why I try to get up in the mountains or run near the beach. Enjoy, ummm, listening to nature \:\)

Davo and I had a long run on Sunday...not exactly sure how long but probably not much under 15K so Id say 13-15K...

Was hungover and hurting for the first 5K or so. We went up into the mountains and ended up heading out towards Mt. Kaubto in Northern Nishinomiya. Nice trails and cool overcast weather, sweet for running!

cheers Davo - next time, if the weather cooperates and we are feeling up for it, lets try the ridge run cool.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
Id never buy a NikePod. Hardly ever run with music either - just a personal choice.
That's an interesting one. I don't really like running with music too, I like to be able to hear my breathing and my feet hitting the trail..

Though on a treadmill in the gym I usually crank it up ( and go into a deep visualisation about something), I think it helps kill the boredom of not going anywhere!

yeah, in a gym I see how having music would help, noises and distractions everywhere... and all the hardbodied honeyz too :droolgraemlin: \:D

Where Davo and I were up in the mtns was just beautiful and quiet.

Totallly get why peeps like to have music when working out and doing sports - I just love letting my thoughts go and hearing my surroundings - birds, trees, wind, or nothing.... Often have music on the bus/train and always on at home \:D

Yeah no music for me in the outdoors, though tunes when you're boarding alone is good at times.

That was a sweet run Creek Boy. We should try it without our respective hangovers next time lol.gif

2 pints,

I did an easy 5k this am!!!

I becomes easier, When I started back from doing nothing for 8 years (running wise) 1km was hard! Following that program I posted above has mad running 5 k a breeze.

Give it a try..

Quote:
We went up into the mountains and ended up heading out towards Mt. Kaubto in Northern Nishinomiya. Nice trails and cool overcast weather, sweet for running!
you guys are crazy! running on sweet mountain trails and not mountain biking it is like snowshoeing in fresh deep powder and not riding it. harhar.gif
If I were there I would be like "why arent I bombing this on the MTB, why oh why? laugh2.gif

last Sunday 4.5 hours of most excellent trail riding was accomplished and the great thing about Japan is MTB'ers and hikers can share the trails and co-exist peacefully, never had any grief at all from hikers.

Hey CB, beat this for Polar Heartrate session
4:35:44 Ave HR 138, 3319 cal burned

Quote:
:droolgraemlin:
dribble.gif Here ya go mate (p.s. you need gif files activated to see the drool coming out his mouth

I ran that trail we've been looking at on Sunday CB. Didn't set out to do it but had it done 2 hours later. A bit stoopid considering I took no water, but I can blame Sports Depot for that. What is it about big sports shops? I go to buy a water bottle belt and, of course, they don't have one-pathetic really.

SG on one level you're right, but I can run stuff that a MTB would have to be carried up/down, plus I know you don't dig on the running and I love it. I'd like a MTB too but running is a better/more convenient workout for me.

Sweet Davo, thats what I was thinking we could do this Sunday. It'll probably be pissing rain but trail runs in the mud is sweet. Maybe we should stop by the jinja after and pray with the monks lol.gif

How far you think it was? Was the ridge part of it nice? Good footing? I ran 10K on sat and sun. Pretty chilled really. Saturday was up the river like we did before, by the waterfall, and up to the jinja. Sunday was an ocean front view \:\)