• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.gif

ummm, not really - though it felt liked I walked the entire length of SE Asia. Still lost a few kilos though Im sure that includes muscle too. Went kayaking, drinking, tubing, drinking, hiking, drinking, swimming, drinking - did I mention I drank a few beers?

Had a nice swim yesterday after work. Its nice to be hitting the gym again. Actually felt like I went through withdrawal on the trip \:\)

• 2 weeks later...

11K last week (at one go)

8k yesterday

8k today

phew, can't remember that last time I ran so much. I need it though. Will try to keep it going next week but will be short time most likely.

Problem with running is that it always kills my back...

• 2 weeks later...

Davo and I had a good one yest out in Takarazuka. He showed me some new trails which were quite wide and really soft. At one point we had a look and you could probably run for hundreds of kilos back in the mtns there on quality trails. Not one person in sight yest. Havent been on trails in some time and my ankles are really tight/sore.

Nice getting outta the gym - thanks for the call Davo. Now that the weather is cool no excuses eh? \:\)

Dude,either you got fit over summer or I am just unfit-hard to keep up with you on Sunday. Kind of sucks only being able to run on weekends.

Bring on more of the cool daOrange. The best thing about this time of year is that June is a long long way off.

oh yeah, forgot to mention I came across a little snake last night out jogging thumbsup.gif It was coiled up on the bike-path and would likely have been squashed by a bike or jogger so I moved it off the path with a stick. Cute little thing. It looked like it had no energy to move, being night time.

I had a good scare with a bushpig last night TT and Davo. Davo youd remember Im sure: We ran all the way out the beginning of the mtn from my house and then got on the trail at the base of the mtn. From there we passed a few hikers before turning right and then ascending almost 300 meters vert in a few mins. At the top when we had the view of Amagasaki Ashiya Kobe area and took a break (read outta breath and dying)there was the table and another path heading off to the left. Laboring up the hill with only lookin a few meters ahead and breathing hard I failed to notice the big mo fo of a mother bushpig a few meters from my face - the thing stared right at me and didnt move. I was breathing hard and continued on but was so scared I dare not stop as I was afraid it might tear me a new arsehole eek.gif shifty.gif

Whenever I see em I usually try to avoid them, especially the ones that look like the Kami from Mononokehime!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like it when there's some decent winds out there.

Had to put a top on last night as well as the usual t-shirt. I remember it was only a few weeks ago when I was sweating with the heat. Oh how quickly it changes.

\:\)

Last Thursdays run Davo was basically the same that we did a looooooong time ago. Took some diff trails out there and meandered around to the lake. Saw a few baby boars out there but not like the previous week - I almost left a few droppings on the trail myself \:o

Since the gym is closed on Thurs I use that as a run or day off if tired. The weather has been really nice so doing nice long runs \:\)

• 4 weeks later...

You beauty! went for me first run last night for about four weeks. same here, just kept puttin it off, and off... nothin too strenuous mind, just a light 3ks. felt good to get the first one out the way. slept like a log last night and have got a tad of muscle ache this morning. have to make sure i go again tonight.

you know snow season isn`t too far away when crew are startin to hit tha pavement. keep it up, let`s jogging!!

I finally made it out for a run this evening, after two or three weeks of nothing. I find that running gets me in pretty good shape for skiing.--even moguls. I tend to ski full-on for a few days, two or three time a year so I need to do something to stay in shape in between. Plus it makes me feel good. \:\)