Not really

Usually the first comes around the end of March!

And look at this crap, going to nihon kai, so we get shafted for surf..

Hope that's not going to be the pattern this year.

... and it's a nasty one too.

From the Australian new paper - Hong Kong, Taiwan and provinces on China's southern coast are on alert for Typhoon Chanchu which is churning northward after killing 37 people in the Philippines.

The typhoon, with winds gusting up to 170 kph, was forecast to make landfall east of Hong Kong in Guangdong province later on Wednesday.

It is the strongest storm on record to enter the South China Sea in May.

The port city of Shantou could be hardest hit, the state-run China Daily cited a provincial weather official as saying, although it was possible the storm could veer eastward up the Taiwan Strait.

Rescue ships and helicopters were standing by, and all sea transport to the Chinese island province of Hainan has been halted, the report added.

The Hong Kong Observatory issued a strong wind signal number three, which means that winds with mean speeds of 41-62 kph were expected in the former British colony.

Taiwan's central weather bureau issued sea and land warnings.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
You head to the nihonkai for surf ever Indosnm?
Yeah, sometimes and I've had it really good, but the distance, time & cost make it hard for me to burn up there for a dawnie. Pacific coast and I am 90mins away in Hiace and 50 mins away in the Evo!

Yeap, Hiroshima is a bad place, though 4 hrs to Shikoku is much closer than me!

Coz I start at 4pm most days I can drive down the night before, sleep and wake up nice n early have a long long surf or a few shorties, a snooze and cruize back home... can't say it's really close but it allows me to do that..

Typhoon Chanchu huh? I thought it wasnt classified as "#1" or "# whatever" in the Japanese system until it entered Japanese waters which it hadnt done when they were already calling it #1.

Interesting.

looks like one of my posts got deleted!

Rahul, we don't have cyclones in Japan.

here are last years Typhoons

#1 Tropical Storm Kulap

#2 Typhoon Roke (Auring)

#3 Typhoon Sonca (Bising)

#4 Tropical Depression 96W (Crising)

#5 Typhoon Nesat (Dante)

#6 Tropical Depression 93W (Emong)

#7 Super Typhoon Haitang (Feria)

#8 Tropical Storm Nalgae

#9 Tropical Storm Banyan

#10 Tropical Storm Washi

#11 Typhoon Matsa (Gorio)

#12 Typhoon Sanvu (Huaning)

#13 Super Typhoon Mawar

#14 Tropical Storm Guchol

#15 Typhoon Talim (Isang)

#16 Super Typhoon Nabi (Jolina)

#17 Typhoon Khanun (Kiko)

#18 Tropical Storm Vicente

#19 Typhoon Damrey (Labuyo)

#20 Typhoon Saola

#21 Super Typhoon Longwang (Maring)

#22 Tropical Depression 20W

#23 Typhoon Kirogi (Nando)

#24 Typhoon Kai-Tak

#25 Tropical Storm Tembin (Ondoy)

#26 Typhoon Bolaven (Pepeng)

#27 Tropical Storm 25W (Quedan)

Quote:
Originally posted by rahul bhatnagar:
hello guys ,
could anyone give me an information about historical data of cyclones of japan any webite or something i need it to predict future cylones.thanks
a major cyclone is likely to hit japan on 6 or 11 june 2006.
If you can predict cyclones in Japan without historical data, why do you need historical data to predict typhoons?

hello guys,

thanks mr. indo for your help but i need actual dates of occurrence of these typhoons.and mr. fgef i can predict typhoons without historical data but to make my predictions more accurate and authentic i need this data.thanks again

• SnowJapan Moderator

Not wanting to make an issue out of it at all, but as it has been commented on above... the post was deleted as it was quite an offensive comment directed at another member.

Thanks.