The biggest and noisiest bee in the world

I reckon a wasp sting. BUT, for people who are hyper-allergic to bees, I think death would qualify as the bee being more "painful". Unless of course the wasp had the same reaction...

QUALITY! You said it!

It's like talking with friends.

Well, it actually IS talking with friends. \:\)

There's a number of people I have actually met on here I would call very good friends - and some living 100's of km away. And lots more I'd sure like to call friend.

Talking of bees, bet it wasn't as big as those huge (and dangerous) hornet dudes.

lol.gif

No thanks. This site is too addictive as it is without starting threads of my own. Anyway, I reckon the tiger would win. Actually, I think the discovery channel actually has a show about contests like that. Zoologists get together and work out things like whether a leopard could take down a mountain gorilla and whether a crocodile would beat a lion. I guess there is a little bit of Gareth in all of us!

BW - Mate, I think you might be right – there are a lot of people on here who seem really decent, if a little bored.

\:\)

Curt -

The inter-tidal zone! where else? The longer the fight went the more advantage one would have other the other. Would add a bit of drama as well. As soon as that tiger got his feet on the ground... sushi all round

Having one stepped into wasp nest once and getting dozens of stings on my lower legs, I can vouch that wasp stings are much more painful than bee stings. Bee stings are frequently used nowadays for theaurapeutic purpose like reducing a pain in chronic arthritis sufferers.

Japanese giant hornets are in another league altogether, they are incredibily vicious and lethal, their sting is likened to being injected by a red hot nail and the venom is powerful enough to dissolve flesh......

Big noisy bees are like cuddly flying teddy bears compared to the hornets.

When I was a kid I was standing outside while my dad was hosing the gutters out. He inadvertently sprayed a wasp nest and I got stung by a bunch of wasps. Can't remember how many but quite a few. The worst place to get stung is on the face!

you find them under the awning of my veranda \:o I have to get in and spray them out while they are trying to build their nests there every spring. Armed with a spray can that blasts 5 meters and a tennis racquet lol.gif