What kind of suitcase do you have? Mine is getting battered, and I want a new one. The one I have now is really heavy even without anything in it, so I'm looking for one that is as light as possible and preferably hard cased.

Hardly an exciting subject but if anyone has any really great recommendation, I'm all ears!

Thanks

I prefer the soft type over the hard ones - just my personal preference. Pull-out handles and wheels on the side are also super handy. I always go for bright coloured ones as well, makes them somewhat easier to spot at baggage claim.

I used to have a soft one and it got wrecked (along with the some of the contents), so I prefer hard ones now. Mine is a Polo one as well, it's good. Could be lighter though

I got some really cheap hard ones from Tescos in the UK. I think there were about 8 pounds each for medium size (would hold about 15kg-20kg). They are 'hard' case, but actually the plastic is quite thin hence very light.

Also - how do you check the weight of your bags at home?

I have this problem bigtime now as I have 3 trips to Japan to make and I have to get my baggage exactly right to avoid having to pay to ship things over.

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
Also - how do you check the weight of your bags at home?
Pick up your bag, stand on your weighing scale and subtract your own weight.
 Quote:
Originally posted by IIIII:
3 trips to Japan - in how long a time? Sounds very tiring!
Yeah! you'd probably save trips by just sending the stuff and would pay the same anyway... unless you're trying to rack up points

Don't you own a set of scales!?

Fark I'm glad I use a suitcase now rather than lugging everything round in huuuge backpacks like I used to do. Handy things if you're riding round in songtheows sp? but for better or for worse those days are outties for me. My missus has a big ol sutcase on wheels for us to use.

Bit of a long story as to why I am going 3 times. However I made sure to go with the same airline each time to get those airmiles racked up. \:D The company is paying for the flights (plus 3.5 meters of shipping) so I've been a lucky boy.

Quote:
Pick up your bag, stand on your weighing scale and subtract your own weight.
You are a genius - why did I never think of that.