I've known about Icehotel and Icebar in Stockholm in magazines and happened to walk by this bar in Nishiazabu the other night.

http://metropolis.japantoday.com/tokyo/629/bars.asp

photo_02.jpg

I used to be clubbing there in my late teens when this place was "drugstore". So it's a kind of Natsukashi~ place to me.

Maybe now it's good place to go in summer, maybe...

Popped in there a few nights back after a meeting. Was a pretty "cool" place (excuse the pun) but REALLY expensive! Was glad I wasn`t paying, not much change from a man!! You can only stay really short time then its just uncomfortably cold though. Interesting experience and great PR for Absolut.

Certainly not an environmentally friendly bar either!! The use of ice glasses cuts down on waste but that would be about it...must be astronimical electric bills! :rolleyes:

There's a couple of icebars here in Brisbane. One of the more expensive ones hands allows members to purchase a bottle of top-shelf vodka and keep it in a vault for their personal use. You also get a fur coat to wear inside.

I've been to the one in Stockholm a couple of times - wicked (expensive) fun - you get to wear big eskimo style jackets and mittens (obviously i have my own ;\) ) EVERYTHING is ice... the glasses, the bar, the seats and it's bloody freeeezin - my friend's father runs the ice hotel in the north of sweden, but i've never gotten up to check it out yet. Would love to check out the ice bar in Tokyo - should get an SJ crew together and go in summer and pretend it's winter YEEH! thumbsup.gif