All that talk of tabasco on the AT thread reminded me...

Before I started going out with Me Tarzan I was in his bar and had hiccups. He convinced me that if I downed a glass of vinegar they would disappear. After the first gulp I think my whole throat closed up and I couldn't breathe in or out. Tears were streaming down my face and I really thought I was going to die. I was trying to suck the air in and my throat was making a really high pitched squeak. After a few minutes it started to get better and I could breathe properly but I was coughing for the rest of the night.

The hiccups stopped anyway. \:D

I know someone whose favorite condiment for broccoli is vinegar! Condiment, unire tests, and now hiccups. Aspirin, look out, there's a new contender for the title of wonder drug.

Hmm quite possibly. If he was than that would be the first of his three attempted murders...and there was me thinking that there had only been two.

I'm not sure I might have posted the other twice before. I searched but I couldn't find it. Sorry if I have but here they are:

The first time I was in his apartment. We had only been dating about 3 weeks and I was sleeping with his arm under my neck. I woke up to find myself being held in a headlock with me trying to pull his arm off and him suffocating me. Finally he woke up and realised that he had been dreaming that he was in a fight!

The second time (about a year later and in my apartment) I woke up to the sound of my own scream and the taste of my own blood. He had been dreaming that a giant cockroach was crawling up the bed and he lashed out at it, hitting me across the face & giving me a fat lip in the process! Luckily the next day was a holiday so it had time to go down a bit before I had to go to work.

Me Jane, my boyfriend suffers from sleep hallucinations too. It's a pain the arse!

The other night I awoke to him yelling at me to get up quickly. I panicked and jumped out of bed not knowing what the hell was going on. I flicked on the light to see him crouched on the floor holding down a pillow, as though he'd trapped something. He said, "Don't be scared but there's a huge f*cking rat, it was running around the room and I've caught it". Of course I started freaking out... then after a minute he goes "Hmm... actually... I think I might have hallucinated the whole thing. Sorry..."

I was so wound up, it took me over an hour to get back to sleep!

lol.gif That is classic Nicole! That has gotta be a real pain in the arse to live with. A friend of mine, when he was about 16, was once woken by his parents after sleep-walking into the lounge room while they watched tv, and peeing on the tv set! lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
I woke up to the sound of my own scream and the taste of my own blood. He had been dreaming that a giant cockroach was crawling up the bed and he lashed out at it, hitting me across the face & giving me a fat lip in the process! Luckily the next day was a holiday so it had time to go down a bit before I had to go to work.
I have done a similar thing myself, years ago I was with my ex and I was dreaming I had been cornered by some guys and they were about to attack me, so in my dream I starting Jackie Chan-ing them and in the real world my arms were flailing too, smacking my ex on the face giving her a black eye! I felt awfully guility about that one.
 Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
Is it more common in guys? I haven't heard too many stories of girls attacking their men.
Not sure. One of my girlfriends has similar issues - the difference is she actually believes the hallucinations are real. She often 'wakes' to find a ghost/decaying corpse sitting on her bed. She sits up and talks to the ghost until her boyfriend wakes up and snaps her out of it.

Regardless of what anyone tells her, she truly believes she's talking to dead people (yes, cue Sixth Sense jokes) and it's a 'gift'.

If anyone tries to tell her she's just having vivid dreams/hallucinations she gets really upset about it! We just humour her now.