HELP PLEASE? \:\)

have got a wedding coming up on the 20th. two Japanese- full on wedding thing. not tha first time i`ve been to a J wedding, but tha couple in question have asked me to get up at their ceremony and play two/three songs. i can play guitar a bit and they`ve been to a few of my `lives`.

anyways, would like some suggestions from fellow SJers as to what songs you think would be fitting. I`ve already penciled in John Lennons` `love`, and tha groom is pretty keen on me playing Coldplays` `Yellow`. (yeah, strange!) i`m also leaning toward a couple of Oasis songs. have all but ruled out Adam Sandlers `wedding singer` song. (would love to do it for laugh factor though... :p )

any suggestions would be much appreciated. have got a live next monday, 15th. so have a bit of a chance to practice them live and then decide.

let`s suggesting!!!

Most J weddings I have been to have had an element of cheese, so I think most would enjoy abit of humor otherwise they'll prorbably all comment on how serious the guitar player was.

(Hope you're getting a cut for this performance ;\) )

Where's the ceremony going to be? ie - is it in a 5 star hotel's chapel, a more casual place or elsewhere?

You can probably get away with anything, I mean people sing the damn Titanic song at weddings - what a great omen, and even stuff like Saving all my love for you (which is about a woman having an affair with a married man), (though admitedly that was at a wedding party, not ceremony....)

Quote:
Originally posted by Goemon:
How about Nine Inch Nails "Closer"?
lol.gif

oasis - live forever/wonderwall

how about japanese songs? They all love a song called 'banzai' I could find out who sings it

Banzai is by the Urufuls or some similar name in Katakana. It's kind of on the same happy level as the Carpenters, Top of the world. I like it though - it's a really happy, energetic song. It would definitely go down well.

thanks all. this is actually the third `J` wedding i`m goin to, so pretty much know the drill. indo, i reckon humor (mine anyway) is wasted on the japanese ;\) no chance of me bein taken serious and no cut either, just me and the girl don`t have to pay to go to the 2nd. party.

it`s at a wedding `jo`. whole kit-and-kaboodle, ceremony and party, about 100 peeps. NIN `closer` lol.gif

would like to do a j song but its hard enough singin in english!! will probably go with what i know...