• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic. I see Holland (or whatever they are called.... oops ;\) ) got 3 injuries and France aren't it too good a shape now.

It would be great if we could have a competition where they are all on form.

I think France are just getting a bit old. Haven't some of their stars come out of retirement to play? I think I read it on the BBC website, that the general feeling of Germans and French is that their respective teams aren't much good, or at least aren't as good as their fans want them to be - which is probably closer to the mark.

Loved the Netherlands v Aust result but it will be a bit disappointing if Aust start getting a reputation for being thuggish. Now that we finally start getting some international recognition and might start playing games against quality sides, it would be a pity if the big name players fail to show out of fear of being maimed.

Things are looking up for England now that Rooney can run - a bit. Reading some of the English press you'd think they've already won the final.

Trying to ween myself onto football the past few weeks watching a few games on sky. Getting quite excited about the whole WC and isn`t too long before it all kicks off. Should be better than the last WC for me as I was sat in a universtiy exam room for my finals during the majority of the tournament!! \:\(

A reminder that you are invited to join the SnowJapan Football World Cup 2006 Tipping Competition at http://www.OzTips.com

===================================================================

Comp Name: Snow Japan

Comp #: 77152

Comp Password: Hakuba

===================================================================

To join:

1) Go to http://www.OzTips.com

2) From the 'Home' page, click "I'm new and I want to Tip" and register a new Login for the site (or, if you are already registered with OzTips, Login).

3) Click "I want to join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Home' page, or "Join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Tipping' page.

4) Enter the Comp # and Comp Password details above.

5) That's it! Full instructions on how to Tip can be found on the 'Help' pages.

Its easy and wont take but a minute maybe two each day. If you can post on here you can easily submit your tips each day.

lets tipping!

By the way..

Quote:
Wayne Rooney has been included in Sven-Goran Eriksson's World Cup squad, BBC Sport understands.

Rooney appears to have won the race to prove his fitness after breaking a metatarsal in his right foot while playing for Manchester United in April.

He flew back to Germany to re-join the England squad landing at Karlsruhe near Baden-Baden just after about 2200 BST.

Lets hope he can play earlier rather than later - and properly. If this is just a Beckham 4 years ago thing then it could be negative rather than a good thing.

I see Cisse is out of the WC now after breaking his leg last night. Bad news for France

They just had some ants playing football on the tv. There were 2 teams each with a flag on their bodies (Japan and Brazil of course). Brazil scored an own goal. Just like the real thing of course.

Guardian has this:

Rooney has returned to Baden-Baden against the wishes of the United doctor Tony Gill, risking the possibility of further injury to the damaged metatarsal on his right foot. How match fit he will prove to be once he gets there is a matter of conjecture but he is only likely to figure for England should they reach the later knockout stages.

I cant see Rooney playing, I accepted it a long time ago. Maybe if we get to the final ;\) Anyway Owen/Crouch may work better tactically.

Cisse breaks leg again = bad news for liverpool who were hoping he did well at the WC so we can sell him off.

Quote:
Originally posted by sanjo:
They just had some ants playing football on the tv. There were 2 teams each with a flag on their bodies (Japan and Brazil of course). Brazil scored an own goal. Just like the real thing of course.
Sounds like when they played in the Olympics and Japan won with what was virtually an own goal.

I can see Australia roughing up Japan and getting a Japanese kid sent off for retaliation. I don't expect a pretty game at all.

Some interesting news - Just heard CS is not showing the world cup games live! They are all on delay I heard. Im gonna get High vision as the games are all on BS live.

Also, this is a really great world cup schedule showing all games and which channels (BS or terrestrial) are shoing them (live or delayed).

WC schedule

Yes, but as far as I understand if you have BS110/CS then you can recieve 7 BS channels: BS1,BS2 (non highvision) and 5 high vision ones (BS-i, BShi etc).

I think what JB means is that the games are simply not being broadcast on the hi vision channels - whether you can get those channels or not!