Quote:
Originally posted by 2pints,mate:
You may joke about Japan, but didn't South Korea get to the semis last time? Strange things can happen. Not saying they will of course, but... there's often a surprise or two thrown up in a tournament like the World Cup.
That was with Hiddink. He is a legend in Korea, maybe he can do the same with Australia this time. He seems to be pretty good in forging a team out of individuals.
  • Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe.

You need some decent players as well though ;\)

Not so positive rumblings going on about Rooney today I see. Time to give that foot a bit more of a rub.

England are up tonight.

No it's not looking very good on Rooney is it. They're talking of replacing him with someone called Andrew Johnson..... who??! (is he any good?)

Just watched the England game this morning. 2nd half got interesting. All I can say is - Crouch looks just totally ridiculous. Do you get used to watching him Liverpool fans? ;\)

I see Japan drew 2-2 with Germany as well.

You get used to Crouch - a bit. He does look a bit comical at times.

Beckham got some good kicks in there. Owen didn't look too comfortable up front on his own I thought.

Nice find ShinyDiscoBall - that certainly is an impressive lineup of friendlies they have there!

As the BBC put it..........

England's best hope of scoring in the first hour against Hungary looked like coming from a set-piece. In Beckham, they still have surely one of the world's finest exponents of a dead-ball situation. His deliveries were thrilling, each one dispersed with pinpoint accuracy and deadly venom as the Hungarians time and again found no answer to his precision.

If only we could sort out the striker situation a bit better..

>I see Japan drew 2-2 with Germany as well.

watched the highlights of that game. Japan looked pretty good and had several missed opportunities. Nakata was all over his teammates @sses for their attitude and saying theyre not working hard enough but a 2-2 draw with Germany is good I think... though I still call it soccer so what would I know? :p lol.gif

yep, but then so were (or should have been) the previous two countries they played. But as far as their play went, Japan looked like they had their shit together much better in that match. Much more attacking and penetration than they have had recently.

One of the keys to winning the WC and Euro and the like is peaking at the right time. It's best to be getting better and better right now, get through the leagues and peak in those final rounds - preferably the final!

You are invited to join my Football World Cup 2006 Tipping Competition at http://www.OzTips.com

===================================================================

Comp Name: Snow Japan

Comp #: 77152

Comp Password: Hakuba

===================================================================

To join:

1) Go to http://www.OzTips.com

2) From the 'Home' page, click "I'm new and I want to Tip" and register a new Login for the site (or, if you are already registered with OzTips, Login).

3) Click "I want to join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Home' page, or "Join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Tipping' page.

4) Enter the Comp # and Comp Password details above.

5) That's it! Full instructions on how to Tip can be found on the 'Help' pages.

lets tipping!

What do you think about the scoring options?

how many points for a win, draw, all correct per round bonus?, what about a non submission of a tip? etc

currently its

win one point, draw one point, all correct each day 1 point and non submission is the you are given the lowest score of the round by another competitor. Thoughts?

The way it works is each day of games is treated as a "round" so in the early stages its 2 -3 games per day/per round