• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having 11 worldstars on your team doesn't make it a strong opponent. This only gets you a team with 11 ego's but probably not the winning team. It is how much one player wants to sacrafice himslef for others. Making the extra steps necessary to cover flaws from others.

This is one reason why Real Madrid has/had the highest paid players but didn't win anything and same counts for underperforming of England at major championships.

Germany on the other hand usually isn't the strongest on paper, but always make a strong performance because they play as a team.

The Netherlands (not Holland!!!!) used to have a team full of ego's with guys like Seedorf, Davids, Reiziger. Now it is time for the new generation and there is one major advantage this time that the coach has been a better player than any of them sofar. So maybe he can let them play as a team.

You are very right about the individuals Sanno. England has a really good team this time, some real class players - how they come together without much time together until now (and the Rooney thing still not known) is yet to be seen of course.

Lets hope they do better than the B team last night

England B 1-2 Belarus*

(* WHO??)

Guardian is calling Walcott "a bright spark" though...

Aust beat Greece last night 1:0. clap.gif It was only a friendly and even though the Greeks probably didn’t appreciate that when it comes to sports Aussies don't do freindlies. Nevertheless, it's an encouraging sign for next month. It's be a close call between Aust and Croatia for the second team out of our pool I reckon.

I spent the first 15 minutes at work rubbing that in the faces of my Japanese colleagues! lol.gif

Me: "What? Australia beat the former European Champions last night? And Japan lost to Bulgaria and drew to Scotland in the last few weeks?"

Them: "Hang on, our team hasn't been using our top players..."

Me: "Neither was our team last night \:D "

Them: "Shut-up BP!"

Me: \:D :p

hmmm... confused.gif

Well to me it's just a quirky thought from a quirky character which isn't really sexual in nature. Anyway, point taken. Let's not derail this thread.

Go Australia!

lol.gif lol.gif

Scrotum is not a rude word Echi. It's a strange and peculiar word, granted, but not rude. Zico will have some rude words to say on the 12th of June when Japan go down 3 nil to Australia.

lol.gif Come on Rag-Doll! Be fair. Japan might pull one goal in the dieing stages of the match, as has been their habit over the last year and a half ;\)

3-1 might be a more realistic score! lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by its-a-clock:
Is this incorrect, Sanno? (The whole Holland thing ;\) )
Yes!

It is a bit like saying England, but meaning United Kingdom or better yet saying Sussex but meaning England.

You should tell Mr BBC.

I did my best to heal Mr Rooneys foot. Not much seemed to happen though.

Question. If England are doing so well as to get to the quarter/semis etc, doesn't that mean that the team are doing well and it might disrupt things if Mr Rooney is brought in?

It might. But then again Rooney is the type of player who can really change things and have an almost instant impact. I'm sure not many people would complain about replacing Crouch with Rooney.

You may joke about Japan, but didn't South Korea get to the semis last time? Strange things can happen. Not saying they will of course, but... there's often a surprise or two thrown up in a tournament like the World Cup.

Yes, you are right 2pints. And hopefully for Japan, they will actually come into some form as they hit the tournament. On recent form, though, it looks like Australia have a reasonably good chance against them.