• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Owen not worried by performances

Owen has not added to his 35 international goals at the World Cup
England striker Michael Owen said he is not worried about his performances to date in the World Cup.
WE ARE, MATE!!!

lol.gif

They need to learn how to finish as well (as do Japan of course).

Yanagisawas miss was classic.

Kawaguchis save was fantastic, but apart from that...

Croatia didn't seem too keen on scoring either did they. How many chances did they miss?

I see Zico is complaining about the heat? Rich, that....

van Nistelrooy it is kumapix. He has a habit of cutting it really fine and being offside right until the last minute during set play etc then coming on. I can't remember his goal in that last game, was it generally thought of as off-side?

I see United's Park scored against France last night. Nice one, Park! \:\)

van nistelrooy was offside with another dutch player imo but no one else really said anything...so it must have been the tv angle lol.gif

boo to Park's goal! thumbsdown.gif

I got up at 4 to watch the game only to have my day ruined by that goal.

Pretty awful game I thought. If it wasn't for the over-excited commentary I'm sure thats what most people outside of Japan or Croatia would think.

At least Japan had a more attacking (meaning they took more shots) mentality than they have had in recent times.

Any opinions on the BRazil goal against Aus? Was he offside or not?

Yes they played a bit better. I haven't seen the Brazil game yet, but it sounds like they aren't "firing on all cylinders" as yet as well. I can't imagine the fuss if Japan beat them! Unlikely but you never know.

Well Brazil will field a weakened team so that raises Japans chances from 1/100000 to 1/99999.

Oh, and they have to beat them by at least 2 clear goals, Croatia have to win by a one goal margin and the moon has to be in alignment with Jupiter Mars and Venus.

The elbow to the american players face by the itlain was sick. then the ref blew 2 red cards o the USA in 5 minutes. one was justified the other was boarderline.

kawaguchi has been the goal tender of the comp so far. he is up to like 8 diving saves at least.

owen needs to get the pickle out and start working hard like crouch he just doesnt look like he is trying half of the time.

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion:
France are rubbish, unfortunately. ;\)
Have they won a game in the last few World Cups
I would love to argue that comment....but unfortunately, it's true \:\(

To answer you question, no they haven't won a game since the 98 final. They scored their first wc goal this morning since the final.
they did beat England in euro 2004 though thumbsup.gif

That Kawaguchi chap is quite good actually, though he nearly let a right clanger in as well. Seems he can be crappy at the same time as being really good.

He spent a bit of time at Portsmouth a few years back.

You mean when he clean-missed the ball?? Hehehe. Didn't he look like he wanted to crawl into a shell and die! lol.gif To be fair, the ball did kick up off the pitch which seemed to catch him by surprise.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
kawaguchi has been the goal tender of the comp so far. he is up to like 8 diving saves at least.
I don't think letting 3 goals in make him the best in the comp. though the goals were pretty hard to stop of course! ;\)

Yanagisawa - two words for him "Left foot". WTF was he thinking????

censored.gif

hey Griller at least the French could keep they pants on as the played with their cocks, ahem I mean roosters, the Dutch fans had to strip off their orange lederhosen as they all had a opposition to the official sponsors logo on it.

Dutch fans watch match in their underwear