England game tonight lads and lasses

Quote:
Striker Wayne Rooney could make the England bench after coach Sven-Goran Eriksson described him as "match fit".
Right.... confused.gif

Everyone excited again. You've got to build yourself up to this level of expectation that cannot possibly be fulfilled... ok? ;\)

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
we dont play soccer we play hockey and thats it. we also dont waste so much money on sports and cause it puts your country into the red. we also dont riot in the streets, nor become loud idiots at sporting events.
lol.gif Owch! Yeah, it is our sports programs that put our country in the red (which actually it isn't - we just wiped off our debt this last year). We love rioting in the streets too FT, which is why it happens all the time in every city and on every sporting occasion when we become loud idiots! :p

Blame it on Rooney.

Without him: "we missed him, with rooney we would have done so much better".

with him: "Why did that Swedish guy put a not completely fit player in the team".

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
We won't need excuses! I believe!

Off out now, with tomorrow off. See you probably tomorrow afternoon/night!
ba*tard! ;\) Am predicting very unproductive morning tomorrow!! Hope its a better game for us, TandT manager was mouthing off about it being another N. Ireland type upset!

Rooney passed fit for England tie

Yoohoo!

365, witty as usual.....

Quote:
Sven had already declared him fit to play, and now independent medical experts have concluded that Wayne Rooney is ready to face Trinidad & Tobago tonight. So all you other countries might as well go home now, and we can just give the trophy to England...
lol.gif

This is better than the game

Quote:
ROONEY HAS KICKED THE BALL He has kicked it. England will win the World Cup now, no worries. That's right, isn't it? “I think it's beyond dispute that Sven is worth every penny of his multi-million pound salary,” suggests Roger Foster. “To turn a team that looks sort of decent on paper into a bunch of totally clueless headless chickens takes a rare sort of talent.”

I watched the highlights from the previous nights game. Wow, some good games and action going on. Im just not a die hard fan to stay up all night watching it. If I really wanted I guess I could record the games but...

Saw the first half of Costa Rica vs. Ecuador (?) C.R. looked to be outplayed in everyway that first half. I know nothing bout em but the other team looked so much stronger.

Did England win? Lotta happy fans on here today I bet if they did eh? Will watch that game tonight when I get home on BS \:\)

2-0, a deserved win although we were far from impressive. lots of wasted chances.

Im not sure about this Downing chap, this is twice he has come on now and both times looked rubbish. Aaron Lennon on the other hand was awesome.

Owen still looks totally out of it, I think he will start against sweden, to give him another chance and to give rooney more time to get fit, but after that it will be rooney/crouch.

I'm gonne be on a plane to the UK during the 2nd semi final, which would have the group B winners in it if they make it that far. So I'm hoping we lose to sweden and come 2nd in the group :p

Terrible that's what it was. I was angry at staying up to watch it.

It's a good job Crouch scored, as he would have got slaughtered in the press today if he hadn't. (Haven't read anything yet). What on earth was he doing, especially from that cross in the 2nd half? And Owen looked just abysmal.

Good to see a typically great Gerrard goal though there at the end. They seemed to wake up a bit in the last 20 minutes or so.

a wins a win but what a shoddy game, due to my lack of sleep am feeling bit negative about it all!! Sooooo mnay chances not taken. Crouch was rubbish in the first half, his ganglyness seemed to get in the way, can`t believe he missed the sitter from Beckhams cross, unmarked (still think he needs a good dinner or two!). Something like 15 shots in the first half and nothing to show for it.

Good points were Gerrard again doing his job well and Beckham with some top balls into the box, and thank god for Terry smashing the ball pretty much out the mouth of the posts.

I guess we can take the win as something but aren`t looking anywhere near our potential. Still warming up am hoping. Certainly wasn`t worth sleep deprivation for!!

Those funny chaps at the Guardian again

Quote:
That was abysmal. Expect the Germany-Ecuador game to end 17-16, as both teams try to throw the game for the right to meet this utter shambles of a side.
lol.gif lol.gif

I taped it and watched it (fast) this morning. Not very good hey?

crouch has to be the ugliest kid on earth.

he also might have got a good hold of the guys dreads.

BP Canada hasnt had depts in 10 years and we have so much money from oil right now. We suck at soccer though and dont really care.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
BP Canada hasnt had depts in 10 years and we have so much money from oil right now. We suck at soccer though and dont really care.
I know mate. Just stirring :p
 Quote:
Why don't England use the best excuse - "We are rubbish". That one is totally believable compared to all these other ones..........
Hahahahaha!! Have to admit they did look below average last night !!