• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was going on today with the japan auzzie game. i was too sleepy to grasp it but it seemed like FIFA was saying that they blew the game. The auzzies clearly fouled a japanese player after the first goal. the player should have been red carded and a PK called. was that what they were saying?

also that 3rd goal was a joke that spainish diver should be reviewed and red carded.

I don't know about yesterday but basically the Japan goal shouldn't have been allowed. In this thread someone said the ref apologised for his mistake. Thats probably what it is.

Spain and Italy looking good this year, they always used to be considered real contenders to win it but these days people have stopped hype-ing them and now they are coming through. I fancy one of those two teams to get the semis at least.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Worth watching farquah? I wasn't able to last night..
me too, I fell asleep again \:o

Hopefully NHK/BS will have em on early arvo again so I can watch it. This is one of the few times Ive actually enjoyed NHK with all the coverage \:\)

there was talk, FT, that Cahil fouled one of the Japanese players and should have received a penalty. BUT, even if that was the case, their only goal shouldn't have been allowed, as admitted by the ref after the match, so even so it would/should still have been a 3-1 scoreline.

The Spain game was good to watch thumbsup.gif

The auzzie goalie didnt have position really he has to beat the players to the ball. That goal couldve gone either way cause he didnt have position at all in a 4 person scrum.

I dont care really cause i hate zico.

The foul by cahil though was a red card for sure, and that was a blown call. the ref of that game will not be calling another game he stunk.

the spainish diver was a disgrace and it is why i sometimes love and hate this sport. id really like to see a review of fouls after the game and have the divers red carded. if a diver gets a person red carded then he return should be red carded and miss a game. I think would stop alot of the diving. i mean come on they all go down like they were shot.

Crotia is going to destroy japan and auz they just look so strong and should have beaten Brazil.

Japans coach sucks poop

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Worth watching farquah? I wasn't able to last night..
Awsome game last night, some top phases of play and cracking goals. Spain pulled out the best showing of the WC so far. The last goal was a scorcher, after some great interchanging between the team, Shevchenko nver really threatened and a bit of a dodgy red card to Ukraine didn`t help, but Spain were by far the stronger team. Looking like real challengers.
And the camera men did stirling jobs focusing on some stunners in the crowd all game!!! (worth watching just for that!)

indeed Farquah! There were some stunners to be seen!

FT, sure the Aussie keeper could have attacked the ball more aggressively on that goal, but he was still hit from side on and pushed under the ball. The ref admitted his mistake later. In most cases the keeper is protected by the ref, why was that different? Anyway, the end result is all that matters so no use going on about it. As for Cahils foul. "red card for sure"?? Hmmm... confused.gif I beg to differ. Again, we are flogging an irrelevant dead-horse here.

yeah, the spanish passing and ball control was incredible. It was amazing. A big difference to watching teams that foul all the time.

that spanish penalty wasn't for a dive. the defender tugged on his shirt just before the spanish player shot the ball. Prob shouldn't have been a penalty, but a shirt tug is a shirt tug.

zico does suck poop.

tonight I'm going to get some sleep thumbsup.gif

sunday night will be real tough. I'm going to try to watch all the games!

japan-croatia then brazil-australia then france-korea

damn

any foul inside the box is a red card mate he got no ball at all thus it is a red card any foul. learn the rules bp,lol.

the goalie was fouled maybe as the ball passed him he had no chance at that ball. any keeper that jumps into a crowd of players is not protected by the ref. he has to obtain postion outside of the box like any other player, bp those are the rules.

When you jump into a scrum, with 2 of your own players, pushing 2 of their players, you arent going to get the call all the time. He missed the ball a full foot after the possible foul.

that foul on the japanese player was half dive anyways so it was a sketch call either way.

the most impressive thing about that game was the roar of the aussie crowd after the goals and final whistle. nice thumbsup.gif

yep, debate is pointless, but your clear-cut view on that rule isn't seen so clearly by others FT. Many of my Japanese mates who were devastated by the loss agreed that the keeper had been unlucky not to get the foul.

we dont play soccer we play hockey and thats it. we also dont waste so much money on sports and cause it puts your country into the red. we also dont riot in the streets, nor become loud idiots at sporting events.

I just saw the end of Minomontas lunchtime program.

They went on about FIFA saying that Japan should have had a penalty and that Japan would "definitely have won" if things had been fair.

Of course at the same time, completely failing to even mention that the Japan goal that was scored with the keeper being fouled.

Thats the kind of coverage that really pisses me off.

Cahill's foul was a pen. Anyone who has watched the Premiership would have seen it coming because he's a notoriously dirty player. On the overall play, a draw would have been a fair result.

In terms of karma though, you can say its a payback for that Japanese referee who single-handedly knocked out Uzbekistan. That wasn't a bad judgement, it was because he didn't actually know the rules. His mistake cost the penalised team a victory and forced the game to replayed, ending in a draw that knocked them out.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=188943&cc=4716