• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by 2pints,mate:
Here's the current FIFA top 200, with the USA in there are NUMBER 5!!!!

Czech Republic on 2???
Germany 19!!! Just behind
Japan but also behind Cameroon, Nigeria and Egypt.

OK time to look back and realise what a great World Cup it has been so far. And it's only just beginning hopefully some even more great stuff and tons much more excitement coming up.

ACE.

Yes Germany were totally up for it last night. They were looking good actually, surprised me.

On the other hand Sweden were rubbish - did England actually struggle against them?? Says a lot that, unfortunately \:\(

If anyone didn't see the Argentina game - watch it, especially the winning goal. Total class.

yeah sounds like a good goal but since japan went out i can never seem to catch any world cup highlights in the morning :S

England tonight - ROAR ON THE LIONS!!!!!!!!!

They are putting in Hargreaves at right back in place of Carragher. Its an aggresive move, should be interesting. Also Gerrard/Lampard are freed up now as Carrick is coming in to guard the centre halves. I guess that means its one up front - rooney probably. I actually think this formation will work, bring on the 5-0 multigoal!!

I just drew England in a round of 16 onwards sweepstake! GO England! I have money riding you!

Just watching a riot between German and English Supporters in Stuttgart. Lots of riot police and tension. Poor form from both sides.

nogood.gif

Yes that is not what we want to hear.

Great games to watch last night (or first half in the case of the Germany game when they decided to cool off in the 2nd)

Just been reading the Guardian and found this, thought it was quite funny

Quote:
Supported by

Possibly the most endearing bunch in world football. The Japanese will travel to Germany in vast numbers, make lots of noise and then tidy up after themselves. They are the Wombles of international fandom.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1787830,00.html

England game: 0-0 at half time. possibly the most boring game of all time. formations cancelling each other out. loads of diving and stop/start.

i hope this one doesnt go to extra time or ill be a waste of space at work tommorow...

Wasn`t Victoria pleased!!! Top free kick from Beckham, after booting a cabbage around in the first half it was good timing!! Thats a pretty awsome skill.

Seems like the Ecuador team has a kids party clown in the changing room also, what with the keepers face paint!!

P.S Has Miss Beckham got balloons up her top also?!?! eek.gif

That was simply rubbish. Just terrible. How far are they going to stumble through like this?

I have perhaps watched half of the Cup games and I don't think I'm kidding if I say out of the 5 most boring games to watch, 4 involve England.

Boooooo. mad.gif

I see it is Portugal next and they have 2 red cards - Deco and Costinha.......

I went to bed at half time I wasn't going to give up my sleep for that bollocks. That first half probably really was the most boring of the tourny so far.

I almost want Portugal to give us a good trouncing*.

(* Well, not really)