I think they get a minimal pay + win/score bonuses from the FA when playing for England. They also get their regular salary from their club on top of that.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus wodges of cash for endorsements would think....Ronaldo and Slimfast for example could be a winner. Or Crouch and some kind of rickets medication!! :p

Any body going to get up for the Japan game? Not sure if I can be bothered with it live.

It's a 3 am start of the Aust v Croatia family feud tomorrow morning. I don't really want to set the alarm but this game is going to be a fight to the death - I can't bear the thought of missing it....and then hopefully it's on to a date with the variable Italians.

Quote:
Injured England striker Michael Owen has vowed to return to Germany to collect his World Cup winners' medal.
Cheeky little Mick. Did he actually do anything to deserve one?

Considering how frankly rubbish they are, the England players sure are confiden/arrogant/other adjectives.

No he does not deserve. Judas. (With a dodgy knee). That's what you get.

Though he also does get a ton of cash as well so he's hardly living rough...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rag-Doll:
It's a 3 am start of the Aust v Croatia family feud tomorrow morning. I don't really want to set the alarm but this game is going to be a fight to the death - I can't bear the thought of missing it....and then hopefully it's on to a date with the variable Italians.
Lucky you. As Japan is playing at the same time we only get to see the Japan game.
Sky perfect delay will be played from 430pm tomorrow so I won't be able to see it until 8pm, so looks like a total media ban ... and students will need to shut up too. Mission impossible-4!

Kawaguchi once again made some really great saves and quite a lot of them. It would have been 5-0 at half time if he had not been on form. Shame he made a few mistakes nearer the end.

yeah his luck ran out methinks.

I thought the emporer had been shot or something this morning when I turned on the TV, everyone was so morbid. It was great :p

Things were looking good for Japan there for about 10mins, croatia were winning and Japan were unthinkably one goal away from qualifying. Then they got rodgered.

Watch how the tv coverage of it chills out now. Obviously the games will still be shown as per the schedule but im talking about the chat shows and breakfast shows gossiping about the tournie.

Definitely.

The World Cup may well be now as good as over as far as mainstream coverage is concerned. Unless they surprise us and are actually interested in the football, not Japans participation.

I'm Japanese and I get annoyed by the coverage as well. It is just very extreme. Over expectant and cannot possibly live up to those expectation and then so deflated when inevitable lose.

confused.gif

I would enjoy more realistic coverage.

just watching the news on channel 8, they showed a sports bar with multiple TV screens, the Japanese at one end and the Australians at the other when Oz scored a goal and were euphorically celebrating the Japanese crowd shot them the most evil looks, they were not pleased, it looked priceless

bomb.gif

I hope they got out of there alive at the end of the game.

yobbo yobbo yobbo oi oi oi!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:

This is gonna be a sweeeeet day at work!

I wonder how many Australians in Japan and in Australia itself will not be at work today, pulling sickies? I know a few... wink1.gif

nice signature snowglider lol.gif thumbsup.gif

I got up at 4 and was pretty surprised at the first goal. Japan's first real goal of the tournie but then when brazil scored I went back to bed. Nice one on the aussies. Should be a good battle against the italians. Oz could easily upset them i think.

I'm really enjoying all the analysts damning zico and the japanese team. Finally people are being realistic!!! thumbsup.gif

I like the way Nakata seems to always hate the stupid media (though in his own way uses it very effectively).

His interview at the end... I didn't quite understand it all, but it sure came across as if he was taking the piss out of the stupid questions being thrown at him. He must come across as very rude to lots of Japanese expecting the usual yoroshikus and gambarimases.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Premiership. Rumour has it that Celtic are interested in getting him to team up with his mate up there, Nakamura.

Just wathcing Japan being quashed now on TV. Thought Kawaguchi had a shocker witht he 3rd goal, after great saves previous games it was a shame to see. Could have been a few more goals by the looks of things if Ronaldo had some legs on him, but the 4th goal he scored was pretty sweet.

Heard on the news this morning that Japan aren`t such a great footballing nation due to the fact they are an "Agricultural country"!!!!!! :rolleyes: lol.gif confused.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
I like the way Nakata seems to always hate the stupid media (though in his own way uses it very effectively).

Yeah he seems like a pretty interesting guy, last year in Bolton the japanese press started asking all the questions in Japanese and dissing some english players, he told them they were in a room full of english people in England so don`t be so rude and start speaking English!! :p Took the wind out their sales a bit!!