lol.gif Good article. Its from the Guardian newspaper.

Just watching the Korea Togo game. The Togo manager looks like some fellar they have pulled in from the street for the game, sat in jeans and a dodgy shirt with a bit of scrap paper!!

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the guy who ran off last week over pay dispute wasn't he? Then got pulled back.

I hear France were less than inspiring and Brazil won by just the one. Those guys know when to peak. (Maybe!) ;\)

In the replays I saw the Czechs were looking pretty good moving forward.

watched the highlights of the US game. The 2nd and 3rd goal by the Czech player were pretty damn sweet. The 2nd was from waaay outside and rocketed it in there. The 3rd where he broke away was nice too.

How was the Toga/Korea game? I only saw a few mins cuz I fell asleep but it seemed like no team was really in control as the ball was going back and forth every 5 seconds.

I woke up in the middle of the night to watch the france game and what a disappointment \:\(

France didn't play well at all. The swiss looked like they were imitating the greeks of euro 04 with 11 men on defence at times, but then they'd get real close to scoring. A nightmare for French supporters. Plus there was a handball by the swiss in their box that wasn't called in the first half.It was unintentional but still..give France a break!

the koreans had a super free kick goal. The wife said that that game was real exciting.

Brazil held to 1-0. good, a sign that they aren't all-mighty....or just a warm-up game for them?

Enjoyed the TOgo Korea game, didn`t seem to be much structure to either team but was played at about 100mph (until the last ten or so when Korea gained the lead and kept the ball)! Start of second half was frantic, top korean free kick. Also some great fouls from Togo and one red card which Korea seemed to capitalise on, plus a fair few yellows on both teams. Seems that this year there have been a large amount of cards shown by the refs, more than usual?

I think the refs have been told to be stricter and not put up with any nonsense. There have been a few dodgy ones in my opinions. Contact sports and all. They have mikes now, I noticed.

I read that Ronaldo (the Brazil one who eats all the pies) was very poor last night.

More here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/brazil/5077944.stm

France sound rubbish too. They are getting on a bit aren't they generally?

England play again tomorrow, in the evening so no "too hot" cries from them I hope.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:

Brazil held to 1-0. good, a sign that they aren't all-mighty....or just a warm-up game for them?
More importantly, it leaves Aus on top on goal difference! For now anyway...

Australia on top of the table, who would have thought hey. There is a very real chance that Japan will come away now with 0 points.

Zico for the sack you reckon?

Im pretty sure Japan will get 0 points.

They just dont seem to want it enough, need to show a bit more of the Gerrard/Rooney verve where they will steamroller anyone to get the ball in the net.

Zico? Very famous footballer in his time.

What's with the children holding hands with the players when they walk on to the field? Does each world cup player receive a small child as a momento of having participated? Beats a crappy T-shirt or certificate I guess!

Fair play, girly ponces sport, all that...... you know.

97, Yes Zico was a famous footballer, do a search and you'll find a lot. He always looks worn out to me. Anyway, byebye Zico. Who next for the chopping block?

He's slightly more animated then Englands Erikson.

I enjoyed that Czech game the other day, they did look good.

Watched a bit of France this morning and it looked really boring.

It was.

Things often get more consistently exciting once we're out of the leagues. Not that I'm not enjoying it so far of course, just a by the way.

Quote:
A piece of chewing gum allegedly spat out by Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann when Germany conceded their second goal to Costa Rica last week was offered for sale on eBay this week - but failed to attract the reserve price of around £2.50. (The Guardian)
lol.gif

Such a lovely boy as well.

Ronaldo is quite obviously past it.

Just as long as they give him another go on Sunday. Aust will need as many old fat Brazilians on the pitch as they can get. I only saw the highlights Brazil/Croatia game but some of those Brazil shots at goal were lethal. The Croatians weren't too bad either - they're not going to be an easy side to hold for the Aussies next week - in my newly acquired expert opinion on all things soccer related. ;\)