Got to admit I don't know quite a lot of them but Argentina always have respect in the World Cup*.

Seriously, I'm hoping for a great World Cup full of brilliant footie from lots of teams. Thats the most important thing**.

* Well, until they start crying like they did in Japan ;\)

** After England winning, of course.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what games from the World Cup will be broadcast on NHK?

(I am living in temporary accomodation throughout the world cup and I'm not sure yet if I will be allowed to install SkyPerfect.)

not sure Bobby12. But, if you have a dish then installing skyperfect shouldn't even be an issue for temporary accomodation unless you are sharing a tv with a family for example. If you are staying in your own place then installing the dish shouldn't even be a matter that you need to ask about cos as I'm sure you know, you can just bolt the dish to a veranda rail etc. Easy to install, easy to uninstall.

Yeah but you know how they are ;\)

I've asked for a south facing window in my aparto (they havent chose it yet) so it should be ok, so long as it has a balcony or something I can bolt the sucka too.

Quote:
Originally posted by BagOfCrisps:
Got to admit I don't know quite a lot of them but Argentina always have respect in the World Cup*.

Seriously, I'm hoping for a great World Cup full of brilliant footie from lots of teams. Thats the most important thing**.

* Well, until they start crying like they did in Japan ;\)
** After England winning, of course.
There are a lot of new guys in our team because Pekerman decided to leave only 3 players from Corea-Japan 2002*. Do you know when it can be Argentina - England?? Semi finals?

* Did they cry in Japan? Were you there? Do believe everything you see on tv ;\)

They were interviewing the Japanese team on tv last night and the programme subtitles, as well as the players, were talking about getting to the Final!

Any chance of that football dudes?

I'd have to see almost no chance whatsoever. Strange things can happen though - look who won Euro 04. But no, it won't happen. They might wind up getting to the last 8 or so, but probably not I reckon.

That's what I really don't like about the things here. They just go totally over the top with totally unrealistic and fantastic goals making people who don't know any better actually believe that Japan might win the World Cup.

Don't the English do the same? ;\) :p

They always talk up their prospects and put so much pressure on the players only to suffer crushing disappointment when the inevitable happens.

All jokes aside, I wouldn’t be surprised if Japan fails to win a game this time round. They have no hope against Brazil (who does?) and both Aust and Croatia will give them a real go. It might be a case of Zanen Nihon!

The first game for Aust and Japan will be a cracker. Both teams need to win if they’re to have any hope of getting to the next stage.

I used to live next door to Zico - even cut the power to his garden lights one day whilst doing some gardening in the front of my house. He doesn't speak a lot of English and so we couldn't ever get past the occassional "hi".

Granted and with the Premier League being of such a high standard there is a legitimate reason to hope/expect that they do well. It's just the hint of desperation that comes with it that makes me laugh. It's almost as if it's personal and the whole England v German thing is pretty funny as well.

Aren't a large number of Premier League stars not from England? Is it the Arsenal side that some games doesn't even field and Englishman?

Don't rate Holland myself. If I'm not mistaken they have real weakness in defence and midfield.

Germany will probably do well - and bore us while they're at it.

Seems Wonder Roons is coming on well with his foot.

I will. ;\)

Holland have a decent attack, as you said it is other areas that they suffer.

While I think Brazil are the ones to beat, they can be erratic and have shown that in the past. It would be good if we could see some fantastic footie throughout the tournament though.

Lots of late nights on their way soon.......

See on the news those 20000+ peeps that showed up just to watch the Japan team kick a ball about yesterday. The madness levels increasing by the day!!

Don't know if this will help you bobby, still need a dish, but it seems that BS1 / BS hi channels between them are showing all of the games as well as Sky Perfect doing the same.

I wonder how many I'll end up watching... 1 a day perhaps \:\)

I wish England had the "erraticness" of Brazil, scouser ;\) I know what you mean though - Japan actually beat them once didn't they?

Hey,..... footie..... anything can happen, game of two halves, jumpers for goalposts, etc etc.