My boyfriend's cousin from the country is staying with us over Easter. I'd only met her a couple of times previously and thought she seemed very nice, so when she said she was going to be in town I invited her to stay.

Big mistake...

Behind the pleasant facade lies a demanding and outright rude girl. I have bent over backwards to make her feel welcome and keep her entertained, and all she does is complain and criticise.

My boyfriend says we should just put up with it as she's only here for two more days, but I'm *this* close to giving her a mouthful.

Anyone else had a bad house guest?

been there, done that, never again!

a mates `mate` and another dude and his gal came and stayed at my place for a week after spending some time in the snow.

they wanted to check out tokyo, so i did tha righty and let `em stay. BIG mistake. i had to work so they pretty much were left to fend for themselves. no big deal, tha dudes gal was a J and they had all travelled a bit.

without going into detail, they showed little respect and treated my pad like a hotel. while i`m more`n happy to help crew whenever they need it, a little respect wouldn`t have gone astray. upon arriving home from work i was faced with a sink full of dishes and on more than one ocassion, tha kotatsu was left on!!

i`ve made a rule only to have close mates and couples come stay now.

don`t pay out on her nic. you won`t achieve anything, imo. sure, ya might feel better by gettin it off ya chest, but ya may live to regret it further down tha track. use it as a learning experience and try not to make the same mistake twice- GOOD LUCK thumbsup.gif

Powwwers, sounds bad! I would've cracked.

I'll do my best to be patient and bite my tongue.

I almost snapped yesterday - I cleaned her room (which was filthy) and put a load of her clothes in the washing machine. When she came home she informed me that she'd have to rewash everything because she doesn't like our washing powder. Apparently she only uses liquid because the granuals in the powder don't dissolve properly, thus resulting in a substandard clean.

Raaaahhhhhh!!!!

Kumapix, doubt I'll be needing any favours from her... unless of course I ever need to compile a report on the effectiveness of household cleaning agents.

i can't believe people like this exist! more disturbing is that they're a dime a dozen! and now to broadcast my age (i'm not 80, i swear!)... but whatever happened to good old-fashioned manners?!

actually, i guess there have been rude and inconsiderate people throughout the ages. but still!

Id open the door and tell her if she opens her mouth one more time the door will be hittin her in the ass on da way out ;\)

If people came to my house and complained and were rude, theyd have 1 chance to get their act together or sayonara.

Guest should go outta their way to make their host feel like theyre not even there. Nerve of some people huh.

Since meeting me Tarzan, we've both always found it stressful to stay at other people's houses for more than a day or two. I know hotels are expensive but it's worth it cos it makes the trip more relaxing. Just cos we are getting older?!

Same here, Me Jane. I much prefer to stay in hotels if I can afford it. Once you've lived on your own for a certain amount of time you tend to become quite set in your ways and less able to deal with other people's crap.

Evil cousin leaves tomorrow and I am very much looking forward to her departure!

I hate it when I stay at someones place, or even just go for dinner, and its all dirty and they give you a glass with smear marks on it and traces of lipstick. Makes me want to throw up.

I'm probably a nightmare guest because I cant help dropping helpful advice like 'oh have u tried using real coffee instead of instant?' etc in an attempt to civilise them. Its well meaning but no doubt annoying.