Madonna tour? 160 quid a ticket?

eek.gif

Not bad work if you can get it, I suppose.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Madonna released details of her new international "Confessions" tour yesterday, promising to "turn the world into one big dance floor".

But controversy has been stoked by reports that British fans will have to pay up to £160 for a ticket, with even the cheapest seats priced at £80.

This is significantly more than the going rate for equivalent tickets on the European leg of the tour, although fans hoping to catch either of her two dates at New York's Madison Square Gardens will have to stump up $384.50 to sit in the best seats, around £220 each.

She probably has a ridiculously expensive production to cover - ie - lots of dancers, god knows what kind of sets, etc etc. I doubt it's pure profit. Of course it's still on the pricey side, and I'm sure she'll still make good money off it..... but you just don't know how much until you have an idea of the production costs.

Most are sold out apparently, and.........

"Some are being officially sold by auction over the next seven days, with bids for her opening Los Angeles date reaching $1,060 (£608) for a pair after less than a day on sale."

shifty.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

£1.2m worth of Swarovski crystals are embedded in the huge disco ball.

1,000 hours of rehearsal over 12 weeks were needed to fine-tune the show.

There are 27 performers, including Madonna.

The Michael Schmidt belt Madonna wears weighs ten pounds and has 4,000 Swarovski crystals in it.

The four stages total 5,000 square feet. There is a 40ft turntable on the main stage.

Madonna’s eight broken bones are displayed on video screens during Like A Virgin — X-rays and MRIs taken after the serious riding accident she suffered last year.

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER designed 30 outfits for Madonna and her dancers.

Madonna uses eight pairs of shoes and boots.

Dancers needed 353 massages in the 12 weeks.

The tour will have appearances by mystery guests.

----

Sounds exciting doesn't it? ;\)

I wonder if she will actually do any singing.

Quote:
£1.2m worth of Swarovski crystals are embedded in the huge disco ball.
 Quote:
The Michael Schmidt belt Madonna wears weighs ten pounds and has 4,000 Swarovski crystals in it.
That kind of thing is why it costs so much for the tickets. Sounds stupid to me - I'd put fake ones in and just make a healthier profit! lol.gif Who's gonna know if they are real or not anyway.
  • 8 months later...

I just watched the full concert on BS tonight. It's still on actually, nearly finished.

I'm not a Madonna fan but I quite liked her last hinrg style album (sounds good in the car) so I thought it might be interesting - and it sure was. That girl has some energy. I'm not into theatrical type shows with dancing and all but she sure puts on a show.

(I think the leotard is a mistake though