Mr A - 40,000 ecstacy tablets in 9 years!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4874938.stm

Doctors have revealed details of the biggest recorded user of ecstasy - a man estimated to have taken 40,000 ecstasy pills in his life.

At the height of his use, the man - known as "Mr A" - was taking 25 tablets a day, Psychosomatics journal revealed.

eek.gif

I wonder if he went to a few raves!

Nah, just a few quiet nights at home there I think!

God I'd hate to be his brain. His seratonin levels must be at an all time low, a permanent tuesday comedown.

I'd be surprised if he can actually produce any seratonin at all... which would explain his constant anxiety and depression.

I'm most curious as to how he could afford to take so many drugs. I mean, it's unlikely he could hold down a job (unless he was a dealer?).

Take a good pill and you'll feel like you're on top of the world - you love everyone and everyone loves you (or so you think). Take a bad one and you'll spend the next eight hours shaking and jawing like crazy.

It basically makes you feel happier than you ever could achieve naturally.

Imagine being given a 100x pay rise, finding out your mum didnt actually die last week, and feeling physically 100% fit and strong and full of energy so you just want to move all parts of your body energetically - thats what its like. Mentally your brain is quite clear, no hallucination or acid-type confusion. Its more of a physical feeling. That doesnt stop you from talking crap, but the crap comes as a natural by product of feeling so happy rather than any confusion/cloudy thoughts.

I'd say its a decent drug to take for a newbie, as you have pretty good control over whats going on. As opposed to acid where you could end up walking under a bus cos you think its 'a big red butterfly in the garden and its going to give you a hug'.

The down side is, in my opinion, that natural happiness is never the same again. And thats quite a big downside when you consider situations like having your first baby, going on honeymoon etc.

I havent taken drugs for about 8 years but I suppose on reflection I dont regret taking the few that I did. It proves to you just the extent to which you are a bag of chemicals and really your mind is just a thing which helps your body go about its business (As opposed to the other way around, which is how most people naturally see it).

A pretty good summary Bobby12.

Not sure about natural happiness never being the same again, in my experience the two are rather seperate things and natural happiness is more deep set, grounded and longer lasting (and no come down the next day). I have had some great times on it, and don't regret taking them at all. That said, they are not for everyone, as if you have some underlying mental issues, especially depression or bipolar tendencies I would be staying well clear.

Finding a good pill instead of a bad pill can be an issue as well, just buy off peole you know well or have tried the same batch before hand, or have access to some chromatography skils (he he).

Akibun, jawing is when you take an E (or other drugs) that have been cut with compounds like strychnine that will make you clench you jaw and grind your teeth. It's essentially a poison. Not nice!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
Finding a good pill instead of a bad pill can be an issue as well, just buy off peole you know well or have tried the same batch before hand, or have access to some chromatography skils (he he).
Yes, that's good advice. Also, be aware that even 'good' pills are made in backyard labs by dodgy people who use cheap and nasty ingredients to produce something that will make them a lot of money.

Steer clear of ketamine and GHB, they're bad and could land you in hospital. A lot of people buy pills thinking they're getting ecstasy but in reality they're getting horse tranquilisers. Yuck!

Steering clear all together is the best bet.

More and more people who think they are getting ecstacy are getting all sorts of shit that is nothing of the sort... believe me, we haul in a lot of the stuff (I work for the police in Manchester).

Quote:
Though the man, who is now 37, stopped taking the drug seven years ago, he still suffers from severe physical and mental health side-effects, including extreme memory problems, paranoia, hallucinations and depression. He also suffers from painful muscle rigidity around his neck and jaw which often prevents him from opening his mouth. The doctors believe many of these symptoms may be permanent.
He also seems to have suffered from way back for not being very bright.

"The last decade has also seen the age of initiation dropping steadily. While one in 10 of 15- to 34-year-olds has tried the drug, drug charities in some parts of the country are reporting children as young as nine replacing alcohol with ecstasy as a social lubricant."

9??? eek.gif

> I'm trying to remember what I was doing when I was 9.

I think I was learning all about document reconstruction and preservation when I was nine.*

* Peeling apart rain-soaked pages of Men Only magazine and drying them under my bed.

> Steering clear all together is the best bet.

Are you clocked in giggsy, or is that freelance police advisory work? (I'm following your advice BTW. I already find it hard enough to know if I'm happy without confusing the issue with more chemicals.)

Clocked in? Nah lol.gif

Never seen the attraction of or felt the need for "drugs", especially since I've seen a lot of shit that goes down.

I'll stick with moderate quantities of booze.