hehe...so the school I teach at has a week long ski trip for 1st year high school students...

was asking about it today in class...seeing how many ski and how many snowboard...

get this...school rule is NO SNOWBOARDING...why? its dangerous lol.gif lol.gif

sad news is I couldnt get on the trip.... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

danz

Damn, I better hurry up and learn to ski then so I won't get hurt. :rolleyes:

Saw on the news yesterday, a skier in the US crashed into a tree and died. Wasn't wearing a helmet. Don't tell that story to your school though cause then they'll think skiing is dangerous too... wakaranai.gif

Driving a car is dangerous, as is getting in and out of the bath. Living is obviously bloody dangerous because everyone who tries it eventually dies. Abunai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laugh at them as much as the next person but.. if you took a school of kids snowboarding for a couple of days I would bet a significnt amount of money that more than one of them would come back with brocken wrists.

(I realise this is easaly solved by wrist guards but...)

I reckon they make it 'skier-only' for logistical purposes as much as anything.

Having said that, my schools ski trip was skier-only two years ago, but I was eavesdropping on a teachers conversation yesterday and it sounds like they ARE allowing the students to snowboard this year if they want to.

Who said Japan wasnt progressive? ;\)