How long till le spud (db) starts posting again?

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Ooooops sorry, an oversight on my behalf.

I also forgot the "comeback under a different name" option, or the "lurk like buggery to still see what's going on" option.

I voted never again. DB pretty much said so didn't he? He strikes me as the type to set his mind to something once he decides. Now if I threw my toys no one would give a toss would they? Be thankful you've got a poll you godamn new age lurker! :p

This makes me think, am I the only one who thinks that the forums have been changing a fair bit lately? I've only been here for about 15 months and lurking for 6 months before that but there the off topic forum especially isn't the same?

Nah not really, Ive started using this again the past few months after about a year off. Id say theres slightly less traffic than before but generally, apart from that incident, people still nice to each other which is an extreme rarity on internet forums.

• SnowJapan Admin

Just to correct you there bobby12 looking at the stats. Generally there is more posting traffic than this time last year, and it increases every year. (Certainly more 'just reading' traffic).

Of course every day is different with different people logging in and posting, and there always seems to be a slight decrease and 'quieter period' when the season is coming to a close as some of the less 'hardcore' people don't turn up as often.

\:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowJapan.Com#1:
there always seems to be a slight decrease and 'quieter period' when the season is coming to a close as some of the less 'hardcore' people don't turn up as often.
I.e. SnowJapan.Com #1 doesn't have enough time to pretend to post under 30 different aliases ;\)
 Quote:
looking at the stats
Would you be able/willing to share some of the stats? It doesn't have to be detailed, but something in the way of a line graph showing the traffic throughout the year?
  • SnowJapan Admin

Hi Goemon.

Without going into details..... as you might expect, generally for the site as a whole the months December to February are the busiest 3 months of the year, with January usually giving us the peak numbers. On one day this January there was one day that saw over 20,000 unique users sessions and over 15GB of bandwidth chomped up. The least busy months are July and August, but even those months (increasingly) see a fair amount of traffic making their way here - apart from people using the forums of course there are a lot of people planning for the next season (and wanting to try and escape the heat probably!)

\:\)

Quote:
one day that saw over 20,000 unique users sessions and over 15GB of bandwidth chomped up
eek.gif
Wow! Thanks for the info.

I imagine you look forward to less activity in the summer months (although, I'm sure you're all busy then too with upgrades, etc).
  • SnowJapan Admin
 Quote:
I imagine you look forward to less activity in the summer months (although, I'm sure you're all busy then too with upgrades, etc).
Well from our point of view the summer months are definitely less frantic - keeping those daily updates and the like going for 5-6 months every day is a big effort! As you said though we are busy all year round with other types of work for the site.