Seen this? lol.gif Sounds like a great idea indeed.

-

Hackers have managed to get Microsoft's Windows XP operating system running on an Apple Mac computer.

The success ends a competition started to see if the feat was even possible when Apple unveiled computers that used Intel chips.

The pair who managed the feat won $13,854 (£7,895) in prize money for their trouble.

The software used to put Windows on the Mac is now being circulated so others can try to replicate the success.

Nice, only a matter of time before hackers solve the puzzle. Virtual PC is for running with G4 and G5 chipset. Roger is talking bout the new Intel based powerbooks.. didn't realize they have a contest with prize money for the fastest one who hack into it..

Yeah, I realised that after I finished typing and couldn't be bothered changin it till someone picked me up on it.

I used virtual pc on my G4 & G5 and it wasn't that good, way too slow, and I only used it because my school made us use a ref cd which needed a windows system.

Does anyone with a mac here feel the need to be able to use PC on your mac?

I don't.

The real benefit of running Windows on a Mac is for techies who support both OSs and networks and need to troubleshoot and/or replicate problems. It would be nice to be able to occasionally boot Windows on my PowerBook to test/troubleshoot Windows systems and networks.

For the majority of users, I can't imagine why they would choose to run Windows on any hardware...